It has been a week since we launched our new and improved Crowd Calendar 2.0 and we thank everyone for all the great comments and support.
Today, we’re tweaking our Crowd Calendar’s park recommendations. Many of you have written to us mentioning that we’ve recommended certain parks on Extra Magic Hour mornings. This goes against our usual strategy for recommending parks, especially since non-resort guests cannot take advantage of Extra Magic Hour mornings.
When it comes to EMH mornings, it’s a tough call: if you’re a resort guest and can park hop, you can beat the crowds by waking up early and switching parks by 11am. If you’re not, you’re definitely better off hitting another park.
For the purposes of our Crowd Calendar, we need to make it optimal for all guests, hence the changes we’re putting in place today. Most affected are the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. Crowds at these parks are affected not just by Extra Magic hours but also by nighttime schedules like Spectromagic and Fantasmic. You may find that these parks went from “Best Park” to “Park to Avoid” for the day of your visit. If you were planning to take advantage of Extra Magic hours it still may be a good choice. These new recommendations are best for non-resort guests who can not take advantage of the Extra Magic hour.
Thinking about heading to a park on a Extra Magic Hour morning?
TouringPlans.com Tips for Extra Magic Hour (EMH) mornings
- Best for resort guests with park hoppers
- Arrive at the turnstile 20-30 minutes before the EMH
- Follow a morning touring plan that includes the attractions open during EMH
- Exit the park before lunch
- Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios are good choices for EMH mornings
- Animal Kingdom EMH morning is not recommended for touring (Waits during EMH morning are historically higher than the first hour of a non-EMH day)
Follow these tips to get the most out of your Extra Magic Hour Morning.