Beaches & Cream – A Disney World Hidden Treasure

Hidden behind the Beach and Yacht Club pool resides one of Walt Disney World’s hidden treasures — Beaches & Cream.  Disney Imagineers designed Beaches and Cream to be an old fashioned ice cream parlor. This restaurant recalls memories from days gone by.  While you might go for the ice cream, it’s a great place for a casual lunch or dinner.

The menu is basic All-American food – High quality at pretty reasonable Disney prices.  I have tried most items on the menu — they are all good.  The Beaches and Cream Burger Heaven (Hamburger) is my favorite, and it’s big enough to share.  The French fries and onion rings are also both winners.  I have even ordered the fresh fruit!  It’s what I like to call “Disney Fruit:” cantaloupe, grapes and honey dew (it’s the same fruit salad you get all over Disney World).

The Roast Beef sub is a big hit with my family.  Grilled roast beef, onions and peppers topped with melted provolone cheese will satisfy any carnivore.  For the vegetarians in the group, the vegetarian Burger is grilled and served with lettuce and tomatoes on a multi-grain bun.   You can make special requests for all of the food items.

But the burgers are not what got me to try this special place – it was the ice cream.   The ice cream sodas, cones, malts and shakes are delicious.  Beaches and Cream also serves its signature sundaes:

1. Milky Way – Bundt Cake topped with 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel, whipped cream topped with white and dark chocolate shavings and a cherry.

2. Fudge Mud Slide – A Brownie covered in hot fudge, 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, Oreo cookies, whipped cream topped with chocolate syrup and a cherry.

3. No Way Jose – Chocolate and Vanilla ice cream smothered in hot fudge and peanut butter along with peanut butter and chocolate chips, whipped cream and a cherry

4. The Kitchen Sink – Scoops of vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, coffee and mint chocolate chip ice cream smothered in every topping they have along with every cookie and cake they have.  At 23.99 this dessert can feed an army and maybe then some.  It’s great fun to see the presentation by the Cast Members of the Kitchen Sink.

You cannot go wrong with a meal or just ice cream at Beaches and Cream.  It’s worth the walk over from Epcot.  Be warned, however: it gets crazy busy at night.  I’ve found the best time to go is around 11:00 am and between 3 -5 pm.  If you don’t mind waiting you can try it at dinner, but be prepared to wait!

Beaches and Cream is 1 Table Service on the Dining Plan.  Personally, I’d use your Table Service Credit at another, more expensive restaurant to get the most bang for your buck.

AND REMEMBER! There are no calories at Disney World. Enjoy every bite.

What are your favorites at Beaches and Cream?

Posted on July 6, 2010

20 Responses to “Beaches & Cream – A Disney World Hidden Treasure”

• I really need to head back to this place, it seems just so popular within the community. I ate lunch there when I was younger, and the burgers seemed quite an improvement over the “standard” WDW burger. Thanks for the nudge, Caroline!

• by Caroline Baggerly on July 8, 2010, at 7:13 pm EDT

Hi Henry,

• Always fun to take a visit here for dessert. I love the no ADR available here because it makes walking up very easy.

• by Jaime Koller on July 6, 2010, at 3:07 pm EDT

The “no way Jose” is right up my alley. I look forward to putting your insightful tips to good use when Bear gets older!!!

• The No Way Jose is way too amazing. It is now a must on my vacations!

• Ha! I was thinking, “I should make a comment about that No Way Jose!” but I guess everyone beat me to it!!

Henry, I am saddened that you haven’t explored Beaches and Cream as an adult. It is a requirement ;-)

I think you’ll love the Mickey Noodle Soup.

• Just a note regarding the meal plan…

We have a family of four and always go to beaches and cream. We usually dont use our meal plan…to use it at a more cost effective restaurant. But this year our waitress suggested if we used our meal plan we could order 1 “Kitchen Sink” as our dessert!

We never ordered it before because of the cost so it was a great way to experience it without out right paying for it. It was fun for the kids and made for a great video/photo op.

• by Jessica @ Acting Adult on July 7, 2010, at 1:03 pm EDT

We went to Beaches and Cream for the first time last year for my husband’s 25th birthday. We split the Kitchen Sink among 8 people and STILL didn’t finish it! We had a blast trying, though. :)

• Just when I thought I had done it all. This will be on our plan for the Not So Scary Halloween trip! We are going with another family so maybe the Kitchen sink could work for all.

• by Caroline Baggerly on July 8, 2010, at 7:21 pm EDT

Hey Carla,
      I’m so glad you found the post. You will really enjoy Beaches and Cream. It’s worth the walk over from Epcot.

• If people keep blabbing about all the wonderful hidden “secrets” the word will get out! Next time I head over to BnC to fetch a post-Illuminations treat, I almost certainly will have to stand in line for my No Way Jose! What will we do if people find out they can get self-serve Dole Whip at the counter service restaurant at the Poly? I guess the next time I procure a Dole Whip there and head out watch the fireworks, I’ll have to wrestle a fellow touringplans.com reader for a hammock or swing! Sheesh! ;-)

• by Caroline Baggerly on July 8, 2010, at 7:17 pm EDT

Hey Janet,
      Thanks for reading. I love your comments!! You are cracking me up. I’m always a little cautious to give away “my secrets” :)
      I don’t want the single rider line to get out either. ha ha

• by Caroline Baggerly on July 8, 2010, at 7:12 pm EDT

Hi Henry,
    Thank you so much for reading this post. You will enjoy the Burgers at Beaches and Cream. They are much better than others at WDW. They are made at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

• Very good burgers, refreshing ice cream, and also great turkey sandwiches!! I was tired of burgers & tried it and was pleasantly surprised. We always eat here, whether we stay at the Dolphin, BWV , or BCV! The staff is excellent!

• Excellent blog, saved your site with hopes to see more information!

• Wish we had more posts just like this one. Kudos.

Leave a reply, your thoughts are welcome!

Want a cool avatar next to your comments? Add one at Gravatar