Filed under: Uncategorized
Until recently our crowd calendar was working under the assumption that park hours and schedules for Thankgiving and Christmas 2010 were very likely to change. We used historical park hours to build our predictions while we waited for Disney to announce something that was more in line with what we would expect for those busy holiday seasons. Looks like it has arrived.
Perhaps in reaction to increased bookings for the holidays, many changes have been made to park schedules for November and December. Here is a synopsis.
- Hours extended and nighttime parade added on Saturdays at the Magic Kingdom (6th, 13th, 20th)
- Hours extended for Thanksgiving week at the Magic Kingdom (21st-27th)
- Hours extended at Disney’s Hollywood Studios throughout November (4th, 7th-20th)
- Fantasmic! showings added at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (4th, 7th, 11th, 14th, 18th, 21st, 23rd, 25th, 26th, 29th)
- Hours extended for Thanksgiving week at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (21st-28th)
- Hours extended and nighttime parade added at the Magic Kingdom (4th)
- Fantasmic! showing add at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (2nd, 4th)
- Hours extended for Christmas week at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (20th-31st)
Whenever park hours are extended it tells us that crowds are likely to be larger than expected. It is a sign that on-site bookings are on the rise since longer hours means more guests. There are still great opportunities to manage your itineraries by following the park recommendations and the per park crowd levels to plan your days wisely. As always, the best defense against large crowds is one of our field tested touring plans. They work! And they will make a 10 day feel like a 7!