Changes to Walt Disney World park schedules and park hours in February
- Studios park hours extended (Feb 3, 6, 9, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 27)
- Fantasmic! shows added (Feb 3, 6, 9, 13, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24)
- Magic Kingdom hours extended (Feb 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26)
- Main Street Electrical Light Parade performances added (Feb 12, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26)
- Animal Kingdom hours extended (Feb 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
When we see a lot of changes to park schedules this close to the dates it tells us that crowds may be higher than originally thought. We have become accustomed to Disney changing its park hours recently so we were prepared – a little bit. However, when Fantasmic shows and parades are added and park hours are extended it can cause a lot of changes to the crowd calendar. What may have been a good park to visit before now might be outweighed by a better option.
Our daily park recommendations are relative to the days around it so even if park hours and schedules did not change for your travel dates the crowd levels and recommendations may have been affected.
What do I do if something has changed during my dates?
We recommend thinking about the following before changing your plans:
- It may be more difficult to rebook your Dining reservations than to deal with increased crowds. If you have the Dining reservations you wanted, consider keeping them and adjusting your park touring where needed.
- A Touring Plan is the number ONE best way to beat crowds – no matter the day. Use it as your best insurance against surprise crowds.
- Use Lines while you are in the parks to see how crowds are building at the attractions.
It is an ongoing philosophical debate here at TouringPlans.com about how and when to update our crowd predictions. We recognize the need to plan ahead but we also need to respect the value of accurate predictions. When we update the calendar we are doing it because something has changed significantly enough to warrant doing so. We feel that the need for our readers to be prepared outweighs the frustration about having to change travel plans.