TouringPlans.com is the official Web site of the best-selling Unofficial Guide travel series and the top paid subscription Disney theme park-related site on the Web. The site provides Web- and mobile-based trip planning tools and receives almost 1 million unique visitors per year.
We are hiring a full-time and a part-time Rails developer for our Web and mobile products. Our technical infrastructure uses GNU/Linux, Apache, MySQL, Rails, Webkit, Amazon’s Cloud tools, git, Capistrano and Plesk. These roles also includes Tier-1 support for server and infrastructure and Tier-2 support for user issues.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a closely related field
- 2-5 years of professional commercial software development experience
- 2 years of Ruby on Rails experience
- Experience developing in an Agile environment with frequent releases delivering iterative feature sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience developing and releasing software to iTunes and to Android platforms is a plus. A passion for and understanding of Disney theme parks is extremely beneficial for succeeding in this role.
- A competitive salary
- Casual work environment (you can work from home)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Health care plan coming in 2012
- Free trips to Disney theme parks
- A chance to influence the next generation of theme park travel tools
Send resume and cover letter to Len@TouringPlans.com with the subject line “2011 Rails Developer” for consideration. Please specify whether you’re interested in the full-time or part-time role.