Shiny New Optimized Touring Plans!

The new UI for Optimized Touring Plans is here! This new system is a complete overhaul of how you build plans, edit, view and even print them. We’ve also added a ton of new features, including the ability to Evaluate your plan – this new option lets you check out what your predicted wait times would be for the schedule you put together. So if you know you’re going to say, do everything in the Magic Kingdom in clockwise order, just put the steps in the order you want, hit the Evaluate button and find out just how bad an idea that might be…

We’re really excited about this new system! We have some intro videos coming up soon to help you navigate the waters, but until then feel free to check it out and tell us what you think. We have a form just for that – click here to submit a bug report or give us suggestions for the next phase of development. (Two things we’re already working on – the ability to copy and delete plans will be in the next phase, coming up soon.)

WDW Plans: http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/touring-plans/personalized

DLR Plans: http://touringplans.com/disneyland-resort/touring-plans/personalized

Update 4/21:  You can now copy premium plans into a personalized plan, where you can edit, optimize, and evaluate.  Also, Rests can now have custom titles.

Posted on April 19, 2012

500 Responses to “Shiny New Optimized Touring Plans!”

• I’m working on this one http://touringplans.com/plans/150453# and the numbers are coming out absurd- no matter what I do. At one point I had a 1766 minute wait time for Muppets at 2:44am. Can you take a look? Thanks!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 12:54 pm EDT

Hi Autumn, the issue here is that the optimizer doesn’t think you’ll have time to do everything on your plan. Anything with an arrival time after your finish time (or park closing) is going to have a crazy wait value to indicate that. I’m working on a way to make that more clear. Thanks!

• Two things…

1) I still can’t utilize walk speed or waiting vs. walking… it always (evaluate and optimize) reverts back to average and balance.

2) Epcot- you can’t add project tomorrow or the world showcase pavilions. You can search for them, but they aren’t in any pull-downs, and can’t be added after plans are made.

Thanks! This is great!

Scott

• I’m using your standard touring plans – not creating my own. I can’t figure out how to change the date from today’s date to my date in May. The date section highlights when I click on it, but won’t allow me to input anything. I’ve tried explorer and google chrome. Help please.

PS. love the wait time, walk time additions!

• I’m having the same issue. Any help would be great!

• Looks like I’m having the same issues you are. Has anyone helped you?

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 12:58 pm EDT

Hi guys, the standard touring plan cannot be optimized. That means the date can’t be changed for them either – they’re meant to be generic for any day (I’ll clear out the fake dates shown, I know that’s confusing.)

If you want to optimize a plan, you’ll need to use either an existing personalized plan or else create a new one. We’re working on a way to copy from a premium plan – very soon that will be an option. Thanks!

• Why are you making it that we can’t optimize the standard touring plans when on the old one we could? It would have the date, hours, crowd level, events etc. It was very easy to use. If I wanted to make my own plans I probably wouldn’t be paying for this site.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 1:26 pm EDT

Lisa, before the update, you could copy the standard plans into your own new personalized plan, which you could then optimize for yourself. We are working on a way to do that here as well, which will be rolled out very soon.

• I think what Lisa means is that on the old standard (non custom) touring plans you had to input your date when you went to print it. Then park hours and parade times for your date and any ride closures where noted on the plan. I really liked this feature of the old standard plan. Any way to adjust things so the regular plans still include this info?

• by Bethany Schiff on April 21, 2012, at 3:19 pm EDT

Yes, please bring back the date feature on the standard touring plans. I created plans 2 weeks ago with our exact dates for each park and it indicated park hours, croud levels, etc for those specific dates. Then today I tried to make a few date changes to our plans and I can no longer do that. I liked the old system better.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 5:23 pm EDT

Got it. The copy feature I’m working on right now will work in a very similar way, enabling you to personalize your own copy of the established plans. I expect to have that up and running by late tonight.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 9:16 pm EDT

Copy feature up and running! Please let me know if there are further issues with this. Thanks!

• Sarah, thank you for working so hard on these revisions! I tested several plans I’m interested in printing. The copy fuction and ability to insert my date worked great on all of them except the MK One Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children. I get a message saying “this change is not allowed” when I try to copy it. It must still be buggy. Thanks again for all you do!!!

• Works great. Thanks for staying up like all night!!Was able to copy and enter some of my own things. Is there a way to save my updates on the site? Is there anyway to get the parades and firework schedule also on the plan? I did try to evaluate after I put the plans together and it came up as an error but I don’t care to much about that part I just care about the steps. Thanks!!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 7:20 pm EDT

Fixed a little bug – all premium plans should copy now. Thanks!

• I hate to even tell you this Sarah because I know how hard you’ve been working! I can now copy the MK One Day Parents with Small Children plan, but the mid day break is no longer listed in the plan. It was still listed a couple of days ago so I’m not sure how it disappeared. I tried to add it back in but got an error message.

• WoooHooo! Everything is working perfectly for me. Thank you so much for all the effort you’ve given this!

• I have been trying to get it to work for two days now, since we go next week to Disneyland. A great idea (and I have used your books in the past), but it is very buggy and doesn’t look like we will be able to use the optimized touring plans for our trip since they are not functioning. Too bad, since I just subscribed to use this service for our trip. Get this message when I try to Evaluate or Optimize plans and it won’t show any wait, duration, etc info for the plans: “Server reported an error in processing. Please check your steps and try again. If you continue to see this message, please notify webmaster@touringplans.com” Also, Author’s select plan only shows today’s date and will not let you change to date you are actually going.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 1:03 pm EDT

I’m working on the plans that are failing now, could you please post your url? Also, the premium plans cannot be optimized, they are generic plans for any day with no set times – I’m going to clear out the fake date, sorry for the confusion.

• I’m trying use WDW-Magic Kingdom Parents with small children plan. I’m using a mac lap top. No box is coming up to change the date. It just show todays date.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 11:56 am EDT

Just to update everyone: I’m working on the failing plans now, going to install some new things to help me troubleshoot the issues. The process of checking each plan and determining failing patterns will probably take most of the day, and I should be able to start getting plans up and running late tonight.

What this means: if your plan is failing, please continue to post the links here or in the bug report. I expect to be able to fix the large majority if not all of them this weekend.

• Sarah, Thank you. I hope you have an option for a plan just like the old one with no times. Because I don’t know exactly when I will be getting to the park. I want the old plans.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 1:05 pm EDT

Dave, the old plans are still there and unchanged – they just look a little different is all. Sorry for the confusion, I’m going to get rid of the fake date in there as several people have mentioned this. You should find that there are no times for the premium plans, they are generic to any day.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 9:15 pm EDT

Dave, the plans should look more distinctive now, and I’ve removed the dates.

• Still can’t use walking speeds in evaluate or optimize-not the end of the world though!
    However my MK and DHS plans won’t work-please can you have a look, thank you-

• When did this change go into effect? I purchased a subscription based on the fact that I could change the date on a premium plan, which I could less than two weeks ago. Now it won’t work and my customized one won’t edit correctly either. We arrive at WDW in 2 days. What do you suggest? I am not going to put in steps for everything for each park when all I want is the premium ultimate plan with correct dates that I signed up for. I have tried to get help with this issue for the past four days but no luck.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 5:17 pm EDT

Hi Leslie, I’m sorry for the trouble. The copy feature will be up very soon, and will enable you to do what you’re wanting. I’ll let you know as soon as it’s done – my plan right now is for it to be tonight, I just have to work out a few more things with the new system.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 9:10 pm EDT

The copy feature is up and running now! Please let me know if you have any further issues. Thanks.

• Evaluate doesn’t seem to be working.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 9:04 pm EDT

Copy now works for premium plans! You’ll be able to edit the date and change the steps, evaluate, and optimize from your new personalized plan after copying.

I’ve also changed the look of the premium plans to make this more clear, and added some back-end things to help troubleshoot plan optimizations.

Next: Working on failing plans. Make sure if you’re having problems that you post your url here or in the bug report. Thanks!

After that: Fixing the speed sliders.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 21, 2012, at 9:09 pm EDT

Oh, also – rest steps can now have custom titles. If you add a title, you’ll no longer see “Rest” in bold for that step, you’ll see the title instead.

• Similar problems to others – yet to get any of my plans to do anything when I click evaluate or optimize

Also finding the times are changing from one view to another, almost like they are shifting to Pacific time? Put in lunch for 12:15 and showing as 9:15.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 1:59 am EDT

Some of your plans are working now, the rest should be ready soon. I’ll take a look at the times, thanks.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 6:52 pm EDT

Ok, just your middle plan left – we’re looking at it now. Thanks!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 7:37 pm EDT

Ok, we’re generating new forecasts for the World of Color fastpass. That’ll be done tonight – until then the plan evaluates without it fine now. Thanks!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 1:51 am EDT

Some plans that were failing should be starting to work now, and it’s looking good for having all plans optimizing sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience as we work these final things out!

• Evaluate only working sometimes?

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 1:58 am EDT

There are still some issues left with some plans evaluating. This should be fixed by end of day tomorrow.

• Here is the TP that I seem to be having trouble evaluating http://touringplans.com/plans/147142. If it will be fixed up tomorrow then I can just wait and try again later! Thanks for everything! You must be exhausted!

• One thing I’ve noticed is that optimized plans have you arriving for shows pretty much at the start time of the show. For example, I just created a random plan at DHS on a random day in August (touringplans.com/plans/151212), after optimizing it has me arriving at Beauty and the Beast at 2.01pm and then waiting 1 minute for a 25 minute show. In your book and here: touringplans.com/hollywood-studios/attractions/beauty-and-the-beast-live-on-stage, you recommend arriving at this show 25-35 minutes early: “The production is so popular that you should show up 25-35 minutes early to get a seat.” This is just one example. Perhaps you could include a customisable ‘early arrival’ time ahead of shows, and default the time to that recommended in the book? Then, if I wanted to, I could tweak the early arrival time to reflect my personal preferences.

• Ah, also, I have a fix for “show arrival” coming up soon. The thing I’m tweaking right now is to tell the optimizer how much time is “too much time.”

For example, say our standard advice is to get to the afternoon parade at the MK 30 minutes in advance. Is getting there 45 minutes early better or worse than getting there 15 minutes early? What if you can get an extra attraction out of the way, but you only get to the parade 15 minutes before it starts?

(If that doesn’t make sense, then it’s because I’ve only had one cup of coffee so far. :) )

Anyway, I’m working on balancing out the “arrive a little early” and “arrive a little late” scenarios. Should have something out within a couple of weeks.

Len

• I copied the premium plan ‘DHS One-day holiday TP for adults’. I changed the date to a random date in July, then optimized. Got a ‘server reported and error in processing’ message. By chance I noticed that two meal steps were included and in the text by each there was a note saying that they could not be optimized, I think because I hadn’t entered any times for the meals. I deleted the meal steps and then optimization worked. Perhaps the note about ‘cannot optimize this step’ could be highlighted e.g. in red text? Or, where a premium plan is copied, don’t allow optimization until meal times are added?

• Great idea, Toby. We’re working on it. Thanks for the note!

• No problem. I’ve just spotted some other anomalies with this optimized premium plan http://touringplans.com/plans/151217:

1. It has me riding ToT then grabbing a FP for Toy Story Mania, then riding TSM, followed by 96 minutes of free time – this free time starting at ~09:50 doesn’t seem very optimal!

2. Later, the step to ride TSM using the FP obtained earlier is scheduled at 12:08 which will be outside the 10:45-11:45 FP return window (I’m assuming the return window is 1 hour).

3. Some of the step ‘Notes’ copied from the original plan don’t make sense once it has been optimized. See steps 2, 4 & 18. (Step 18 is using a FP obtained earlier).

4. The optimizer seems to assume that it only takes 1 minute to use a FP booth. From what I understand, obtaining a FP for TSM can involve quite a queue. Do you have data for FP booth queue times?

Here’s a question/suggestion:
        When I’m in a park and obtain a FP, can I enter the FP return window into Lines and optimize? If not, this would be a really cool addition as the ‘hard’ FP return window would then be integrated into the plan.

• Unofficial Guide 2012 says that you can use your FP any time after your return time, up to park closing (even though the window given is an hour). I hope this is still true… Also hoping it’s still true that you can obtain another FP after your return time or 2 hours elapses, whichever is sooner, whether you’ve used your other FP or not…

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 6:41 pm EDT

Hi Toby, we’re looking at the plan to check on the timing now, thanks! The notes aren’t automatically generated, so they’re not cleared after optimize. Some people will want to keep them and some not so there’s not a good way to automate that. You can edit the steps and delete the notes you don’t want. And yes, we assume a minute at any fp booth right now.

The FP return time feature is actually next on the list after the this is running smoothly. :)

Thanks!

• Hey Toby:

1) The 96 minutes of free time doesn’t look obviously incorrect, given the other things you want to see. For example, the longest wait for any attraction after that free time is 13 minutes. It’s not clear to me (without changing your plan) that moving things to the morning would result in less waiting.

It’s possible the optimizer thinks that the right thing to do is to schedule your free time then, instead of later in the day.

2) The FP return window printed on the FASTPASS is 60 minutes, but Disney’s policy is to allow around an 80-minute window (5 minutes before through 15 after the window). I’ll check what we’re passing in as the value for that window, since your plan’s window should end at 12:00, not 12:08. We may have a 90-minute window set.

3) The notes aren’t adjusted based on the steps, so I’d suggest deleting any reference in notes to the relative order of steps.

4) Good idea. We can work on this.

These were great questions. Thanks very much!

Len

• Sarah- thanks so much for working so hard to get these bugs out- seems like you worked all night. For a beta release, I’m amazed at your dedication to get this right so quickly!

Another thing I’ve noticed- when I optimize epcot, World Showcase attractions are often suggested 15-20 minutes before 11am…

Thanks again-

Scott

• I’m trying to use EMH at Magic Kingdom (at 7am). I click the button to use the EMH and it updates my start time to 7am. When I click save, I get an error that my start time is outside park hours. Thanks!

• I would like a plan for 2 days at 1 park ie. MK. from opening to 4pm each day. I was able to do this under the old. Now I don’t see this capability. If your site slow? I find if painfully slow.

• Speed has significiently improved.
    When selecting attractions, it would be nice to be able to click on an attraction and a brief description of the attraction.As the variable selections do not include ie. adults with no children, the attraction list shows ALL attractions catering to walks of life. While the Prince Charming Carrousel seems obvious at to what the attraction is, the Mad Tea Party attraction title does not lend itself to a bunch of tea cups swirling around.For nubie’s, the choices are not obvious compared to seasoned visitors.

Vast improvements over the previous version. CONGRATS!! We appreciate all the hard work involved with this revision.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 6:24 pm EDT

Thanks! This is one of the features we’re planning on adding in a future update. Appreciate the suggestion!

• I am not able to evaluate this plan http://touringplans.com/plans/147142. Am I doing something wrong or is it just still requiring some fixing up? Thanks!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 6:22 pm EDT

The Evaluate bug hitting some plans has now been fixed. All plans should be able to Evaluate and Optimize now – please let me know if you have further issues! I’ll be checking all the plans I have urls for from people.

Next: fixing the sliders, and making sure all the attractions show up correctly

After that: more performance upgrade and a few little improvements

Thanks!

• When I change the walking speed of a created plan from very relaxed to fast, the optimizer reduced a complete day of attractions by 1 minute.

Also when I optimize a plan with no changes, it gives me different complete times by approx. 10 minutes.hmmmm…..

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 22, 2012, at 8:27 pm EDT

Hey Carl, what’s the url? I’m working on the sliders right now, they’ll be ready soon.

• I’d have to go back and find and not sure if I can as I was just experimenting but if your working on the sliders, I’m sure you will sort it out. I’ll post the URL next time I find an issue. Tks Sarah.

427 minutes free time? YIKES!!

• Not sure if this will help but when I remove Reflections of Earth, I don’t get this free time anymore and things are normal. Yaaa!!! When I add it back and opt, I get the same wait time or approx.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 10:12 pm EDT

Carl, this is just showing you that you can get everything done in your plan and still have time to spare before the first fireworks show. If you add more steps, you’ll see the free time reduce as needed. Thanks!

• I have an epcot plan that has me doing several World Showcase attractions before 11AM when it optimizes.

• Thanks for all your dedication working on this new release. When you have a chance, I noticed: 1) In MK, the Town Square Theater attractions (Princesses & Mickey Mouse) can be added as a fastpass booth but not as an attraction (http://touringplans.com/plans/105422); 2) Tower of Terror doesn’t have a child swap option (which is a nice addition to the program, by the way!; http://touringplans.com/plans/105443)

• Could you let us know when the sliders will be working. Although 4 choices to choose from exist, the total time does not change regardless of what position we choose. I believe plans as we speak are being optomized at average.

Can you confirm this. I’d like to print plans with a “very relaxed” setting for a trip very shortly.

thanks

• Can you also kindly advise when the missing attractions have been added. My plans are incomplete because missing attractions I was going to include were not available.

thanks

• Great job with all the work you’ve done on these! I’m having a lot of fun planning.

As others have mentioned, I’m finding the plan below telling me to go on rides during EMH when they aren’t open. Also, I can’t delete anything from this plan.

Thanks!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 10:07 pm EDT

Hi April, are you using IE6? If so, an upgrade should fix the problem with delete. Checking on emh. Thanks!

• I created a touring plan using the Ultimate Touring Plan copy and added in a lunch, dinner and pirates league and hit evaluate. I am getting numbers all over the place.
    Thanks.

• Still having issues with validate.. Fantasmic is at 2:49pm!!

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 10:03 pm EDT

The system doesn’t think you’ll have time for everything, that’s why the wait times are crazy. I’m showing this to Len to see what he wants to do with Ultimate plans.

• by Clark Griswold on April 23, 2012, at 2:40 pm EDT

Great to see the new enhancements. On this that is (perhaps) a quick fix would be to get the American Adventure Show added back into the list of Epcot WS Attractions. I am planning strip right now and it is “mission critical” to have that on my touring plan list.

Any chance of getting that tweak implemented soon? :)

Best wishes,

Clark

• Clark-

I think it’s under “Entertaiment and Parades” as a show-based attraction.

Love the name-

Scott

• by Clark Griswold on April 23, 2012, at 4:03 pm EDT

Hi Scott:

I thought that might be the case too, but, alas, it is not. “The American Experience” is no longer listed for Epcot — anywhere :)

• Clark-

I just tried to create an epcot plan, and found it listed… it’s called “The American Adventure” and I see it both when creating a touring plan, and also when adding an attraction.

Hope it works for you before your trip!

Scott

• by Clark Griswold on April 23, 2012, at 5:41 pm EDT

Scott:

This is so weird. I just tried to create a new plan given perhaps it didn’t show on my dropdown list because I was editing a plan created before the site upgrades. Strangely, creating a new plan didn’t make any difference. I’m not smart enough to know how to create/share a screen capture so you can be sure I’m not nuts. Here’s a cut & paste of he full list of WS Attractions and Shows. It just isn’t there!

Like I said, weird. If you can see it below, please tell me. Maybe I AM GOING NUTS and that’s why I don’t think I am! :)

Headliner Attractions &

The Ziti Sisters
            Oktoberfest Musikanten
            Mariachi Cobre
            Outpost
            Friendship Boats

• Clark,
            I had an existing epcot plan created using the new UI without The American Adventure in it, I went to Add Attraction and The American Adventure appears in the drop-down list under Entertainment and Parades. However, my list is different to yours!! Something wacky is going on, perhaps there’s a reason why some attractions are not included in the drop down?

• Just to let you know, I have the same issue so you are not alone!

• I can add Jungle Cruise FP Booth to my plan, but every time I evaluate it, the FP booth disappears. I’ve tried this several times since last week.

• I have been unable to add a meal to a touring plan. I have tried a couple of different plans for MK and it allows me to add attractions and reorder, but when I attempted to add a meal it can not seem to calculate.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:57 pm EDT

Do you have a url I can check out? Also, I’ve added more error checking which may help solve the issue. Thanks!

• I have a couple of plans (http://touringplans.com/plans/152573# is an example) where I can’t delete steps. I click the X but it just takes me back to the top of the page.

Also, on that plan above, we have Crystal Palace reservations for before park opening (8:05am). It won’t let me set my start time before park opening so it’s forcing my reservation to actually start at 9am which pushes everything else in the plan out incorrectly. Would you just recommend not adding pre-opening meals to the plan?

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:56 pm EDT

Hi Michael, what operating system and browser are you using? The site needs a version of Internet Explorer greater than 6 if you’re using that browser, so an upgrade should fix the delete issue. We’re looking at the pre-open meals. Thanks!

• Two Things:
    1) This is worth the subscription to touringplans. The data on the optimized plans is incredible. I’m so psyched to get back to Florida this summer and try it out.

2) Last summer, my family went to the Magic Kingdom during an extra magic hours morning, and half of the park wasn’t open until 10. Is that common or was that a unique day at the park? I ask, because the custom touring plans don’t appear to take that into account.

• by Andrew Drummond on April 24, 2012, at 11:02 am EDT

Hi Rob,

It is a normal thing. Only some of the attractions are open for morning EMH. You can find the list at http://allears.net/tp/emhour.htm#newatt (or probably somewhere on this site too)

I pasted it here for convenience:

Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
      Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
      Dumbo the Flying Elephant
      “it’s a small world”
      The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
      Mickey’s PhilharMagic
      Peter Pan’s Flight
      Space Mountain
      Stitch’s Great Escape!
      Tomorrowland Speedway

• I have encountered three problems with the personalized Disneyland touring plans.

First, when I try to set Magic Morning hours for August 21, I get an error saying that the plan cannot start before the opening time of the park. This may be because the hours for this date haven’t been released by Disney. However if this is the case, it should not be an option for the user.

Second, when I optimize the plan for April 24, the 12:30pm lunch break that I scheduled for gets changed to 9:20am.

Finally, I am not able to delete existing personalized plans.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:53 pm EDT

These should all be fixed except delete, which is part of phase two and will be coming soon. Thanks!

• Every time I optimize my plans the time of my ADR is not at the time I set it for. An example is Yak & Yeti lunch set for 12pm and the duration is 60 minutes. The TP has me going to the resturant at 11:42am. http://touringplans.com/plans/143283 This is not the only TP that I have had an issue with. Others have me going to eat hours after the time I put in… Please advise.

• by Donna Coughlin on April 24, 2012, at 7:52 am EDT

I noticed that too, for a quick fix, I just set my time to 12:15 and cut the minutes down to 45.

• by Donna Coughlin on April 24, 2012, at 7:51 am EDT

Hello, Here are the issues I have as of 4-23 – most of them mentioned above

1. Countries in Epcot are not listed just the attractions (i.e. Maelstrom, but not Norway)

2. Also after optimizing, the bar for walking speed always default backs to average, Also on my interent explorer at work the bar does not even move, though the words change from average walking to minimize walking.

3. Funny thing also sometimes when I change my plan to less walking, the plan takes less time to finish, it is only a couple of minutes difference, but still you would think less walking would take longer for touring than average walking. This I noticed on the old way, but haven’t tested it on the new way.

4. The option to drag a ride from one time to another does not work with my version of IE at work, home it works fine,

5. The wait times to me seem off also. There is always a wait time. For example if you could get on the Mad Tea Party right away, there is still a wait time for unloading and loading. You are never going to get right on ride and the ride will start, there is always that waiting for unloading and loading, unless you are the first person in the morning to get on that ride, but you will still have to wait for loading of other people. Another good example is Astro Orbitor, when I optimized it had wait time is 1 min and the ride is 2 minutes. Don’t even think that is possible, because of riding up in the elevator, then there is always a line to wait for the current ride to stop and unload. I don’t know — you guys are the experts, but it seems that load (or unloading) times are not included.

On old IE version when I optimize sometimes put my dinner reservations at odd time, like I had 4:30 ressie and it put it at 8:30.

I took the old Halloween party touring plan and saved it as my own. Will only optimize up to 7:00 when the official park hours end, I understand this is probably just not updated.

I REALLY LOVE TOURING PLANS!!!! I could play with it all day testing out different scenarios! lol

• Is it just me or was it decided not to include these in the new touring plans? 4 pavilions are not available in the “attractions to visit” in the Epcot plans. I understand that it’s almost impossible to determine an average time for the visit to these attractions as so many variables exist, but perhaps they should be listed anyways but noted that chosing these attractions will not be included in the plans for this reason. I would then be able to put a note for myself in the available planning notes box, that time permitting, I should include these as part my itenerary time permitting.

If these 4 pavilions do not appear on the “attractions to visit” plan, I would never know that these attractions actually existed and perhaps not consider extra time to see these attractions.Furthermore, I can’t help but think what else was not included in the “attractions to visit” list in the other parks.

What else might I miss? Just saying.

• I’m still having issues with ‘Evaluate’ on plan http://touringplans.com/plans/152372
    Plus, most of the time if I try to drag Tom Sawyer Island anywhere it crashes IE.

Also, I just noticed when I create a new plan and use the calendar to select a day the numbers are in the wrong order so it will not accept it. I don’t seem to remember it doing that yesterday.

• I have noticed the same with the date formating as well. It was fine yesterday.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:47 pm EDT

Date formatting should be fixed now. If you’re using IE 6, an upgrade should fix the problem of dragging. Checking on the plan. Thanks!

• I am sure this has been asked. I have an ADR at Askerhus that starts pre-RD. I can’t change the time to show that we will be in the park before it opens. Obviously I can remove the ADR but, we will be starting in a different part of Epcot. Would that affect the “optimization” of my TP?

• I am curious about this too. I have a pre-RopeDrop ADR at Crystal Palace that I wanted to enter on my custom touring plan but the system said I couldn’t be there before 9am (official opening) Other than that issue the changes seem pretty cool :)

• by Donna Coughlin on April 24, 2012, at 11:32 am EDT

I thought I posted this earlier but cannot find my post. So here it is again, sorry if it is out there.
    These have been my issues, most probably have already been posted
    1. Countries not listed in Epcot

2. Slider bars not working, in my IE version at home the slider moves, but not at work, don’t think it really works after optimizing.

3. Funny thing also sometimes when I change my plan to less walking, the plan takes less time to finish, it is only a couple of minutes difference, but still you would think less walking would take longer for touring than average walking. This I noticed on the old way, but haven’t tested it on the new way.

4. The option to drag a ride from one time to another does not work (not sure if this is only when I am work with the version of IE we have here, will have to try it at home)

5. The wait times to me seem off also. There is always a wait time. For example if you could get on the Mad Tea Party right away, there is still a wait time for unloading and loading. You are never going to get right on ride and the ride will start, there is always that waiting for unloading and loading, unless you are the first person in the morning to get on that ride, but you will still have to wait for loading of other people. Another good example is Astro Orbitor, when I optimized it had wait time is 1 min and the ride is 2 minutes. Don’t even think that is possible, because of riding up in the elevator, then there is always a line to wait for the current ride to stop and unload. I don’t know — you guys are the experts, but it seems that load (or unloading) times are not included.

6. Can not delete plans.

7. After you hit the option to print, there is no way to go back to previous page.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE TP!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to go in October to test out this new optimizing option.

• by Donna Coughlin on April 24, 2012, at 11:33 am EDT

Oh sure now I see my post a few up, I APOLGIZE!

• I am having much of the exact same issues. I go in less than 2 weeks and I hope most of the bugs have been sorted out by then. My 6 days of plans that I worked on will probably have to be done over just prior to arriving at the park.

I’m sure the software developers are working hard with fixes. I wish they would keep us informed of the latest developments so we can further test when the fixes have been put in place…

• I second the “delete plans” motion :)

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:42 pm EDT

Donna (and Carl) – Working on sliders and missing attractions. If you’re using IE 6 or before, an upgrade should fix any problems with dragging. I believe the load time is included in the duration, but I’ll check with Len on that. Delete is part of phase two, and for now just hit the “back” button when done printing – we may do something different with this down the road. Thanks for all your input!

• by Donna Coughlin on April 24, 2012, at 11:41 am EDT

I know it explains on Touring plans but I still don’t get the difference between Evaluate and Optimize the plans, I am being stupid, I’m sure, but it sounds like the same thing to me.

• I had the same question but was afraid to ask. Looks like we are 2 stupids. Perhaps someone here can explain the difference

• “Optimize” uses the software to suggest the most efficent way to tour the park, based on the attractions you want to see, the breaks you want to take, and the meals you want to eat. Eventually, the sliders will play into this as well.

“Evaluate” allows you to move the steps around to your liking and see how efficient it is.

Maybe the optimize feature tells you to ride Space Mountain first, but you are desparately wanting to fastpass it right away and go to Dumbo. You can adjust the steps and hit “evaluate”, and it will let you know what that order looks like.

Does that make sense?

Scott

• by Donna Coughlin on April 24, 2012, at 1:08 pm EDT

It sure does make sense now that you explained it! What a great idea for the evaluate button, TP gets better and better! THANKS!

• The times for my MK days on is completely out of order: http://touringplans.com/plans/87714

My MK day 2 does not give me any times when I click evaluate: http://touringplans.com/plans/81691

I’ve completed my HS and AK plans including evaluating and they are fine. So, I know I’m doing it correctly.

My epcot plan that I created before the evaluate option was added is completely gone. I submitted that problem with the form for the link above. Should I do the same for these 2 as well?

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:29 pm EDT

Bug reports in the form are always good and preferable! I may not respond to all of them, but I will read and check on every one. Thanks!

(both of the above plans should be working now, also)

• Good Afternoon,
    I have two minor issues with one of my plans, http://touringplans.com/plans/153297#. First, I am attempting to remove an attraction (the parade) with no luck. The page will display “Data Change!” but nothing happens. Do I need to create a whole new plan just to get rid of it?
    Secondly, if attractions are added, you can not prioritize if the plan has already been “Evaluated.”

Please advise.

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:22 pm EDT

Hi Jennifer,

I was able to remove the parade on your plan. Could you tell me what operating system and browser you are using?

I’m not sure I understand your second issue – are you saying you cannot move the steps?

I believe the problem is probably a browser issue – if you are using IE 6 or lower, or an older version of Safari, updating your browser to the newest version or changing to a different browser will probably solve your issue.

• I am not able to evaluate my MK Touring Plan. Optimize works but I want to be able to change one thing and then evaluate and it won’t do anything! Thanks! http://touringplans.com/plans/146661 Lori-Dee

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:15 pm EDT

This plan has a fastpass booth but no matching attraction. Evaluate won’t work in that case. I’ve added an error message for that.

• How can I delete my personalized plans. I have several that I can’t use because they are riddled with bugs. Thank you.

• I too would like to either delete plans or be able to take them completely back to start to input my attractions instead of having to delete out the steps and then re-add different steps.

Love the ability to customize! Can’t wait to use it for my October trip.

• What’s the Titus of fixing he optimize feature for Epcot?

• by Sarah Kelleth on April 26, 2012, at 9:09 pm EDT

It should be working fine Jon. Are you getting an error? If so, please post the url so I can take a look. Thanks.

• Can you please add Kidcot stops and character meet and greets to the attraction list in the Epcot plans that include small children?