Filed under: Uncategorized
Couple of quick things:
2. A big Thank You to the Lines folks who’ve been entering actual wait times into the app this weekend. We’ve received hundreds of these over the weekend. They’re really helping other Lines users in the parks, and us with our modeling.
3. Along the same lines, the posted wait times at Epcot on Sunday, May 20 seemed excessively high compared to the actual waits, especially during the busier middle part of the day:
- The Seas’ posted wait of 45 minutes at 12:15 pm was, in reality, 17 minutes.
- The Seas’ posted wait of 45 minutes at 1:30 pm was really a 13-minute wait if you got in line.
- Living with the Land’s posted wait of 40 minutes at 10:25 am was 14 and 18 minutes by 10:30 am.
- Malestrom’s 35- to 45-minute posted waits throughout much of the afternoon turned out to be actual waits of around 15 minutes, according to several users.
- Living with the Land’s posted wait of 20 minutes at 3 pm was really 6.
- Spaceship Earth’s 20 minute posted wait at 3:20 pm turned out to be an 8-minute actual wait.
A normal range for these is something like an actual wait of 70 to 90% of the posted time, so these were off considerably. I suspect this makes the park seem more crowded than it actually is. The stats team is looking into this further, including what happened at the other parks. More to come.