TouringPlans.com is the official Web site of the best-selling Unofficial Guide travel series and the most popular paid subscription Disney theme park-related site on the Web. The site provides Web- and mobile-based trip planning tools and receives more than 1.3 million unique visitors per year.
We are hiring a Disneyland researcher whose primary responsibility will be to collect posted and actual wait times from various attractions throughout Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. Secondary responsibilities include blogging about park-related developments and hosting in-park “meet and greet” events for the TouringPlans community.
This is a four-month, hourly assignment with a possibility to convert to a permanent, full-time role in 2013. During this temporary assignment we expect that you’ll work 40 hours per week. That includes being in the parks between 25 and 30 hours per week, with the remainder of your time spent blogging, coordinating events or in staff meetings.
Candidates should have:
- An enthusiasm for Disney’s theme parks
- Experience with our website (including Lines)
- An Android mobile phone or iPhone
- Excellent writing and blogging skills
- Reliable transportation to the parks
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools such as Skype
- The ability to network within the Disney community, both in person and online
Compensation and benefits for this position include:
- Pay of $12.50 per hour
- Company-paid meals while you’re in the parks
- Company-paid Disneyland annual pass
- A flexible work schedule
Send your resume and best writing samples for this temporary position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Disneyland Researcher.” In addition to us interviewing you, I’d encourage you to talk to our staff about what it’s like to work for us.