Soft openings and special events are now in full swing, as Disneyland Resort speeds towards the June 15th relaunch of Disney California Adventure.
Quietest Day: With a 4.7 out of 10 at Disneyland Park, Sunday 6/3 was one of the quietest days the resort should see until after this summer.
Busiest Day: Thursday 6/7 was a 6.3 out of 10 at Disney California Adventure.
- Grad Nights were held on 6/6-8, and will continue on 6/12-14.
- Celebrities like Larry the Cable Guy and Brent Musburger have appeared at the resort recently to sample the new attractions currently testing in Cars Land.
- Paid sneak preview events began on 6/9 in Cars Land for Annual Passholders, Club 33 members, and D23 members, garnering rave reviews online for most of the new attractions.
- Disney released an online interactive timeline depicting the 5-year expansion now being completed.
- Guests can now purchase 1-day Disneyland Resort tickets through their smartphones.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Matterhorn Bobsleds reopens on 6/15.
- Carnation Cafe reopens on 6/13.
Disney California Adventure
- Attractions on Cars Land and Buena Vista Street remain off-limits to the general public until 6/15.
- The entire Disney California Adventure park will be closed for media events on 6/14.
- The Mad T Party is currently performing in soft-open, and officially kicks off on 6/15.
- Disney has announced showtimes for new performances beginning 6/15, including DJ’s Dance and Drive, Five and Dime, Red Car News Boys, Pixar Play Parade, Dancing with Disney, and the newly-titled Instant Concert…Just Add Water! daytime fountain with Goofy. LINES users can see these showtimes in their app and use them in personalized plans starting on 6/15.
- The Ghirardelli Soda Fountain officially opened on June 7 in the old Mission Tortilla Factory building.
- Beginning June 8, the Blue Sky Cellar is hosting the Radiator Springs Historical Society Museum of the History of Radiator Springs, featuring “artifacts” from important Cars Land residents. The cellar will screen Time Travel Mater, a new Cars-themed short film that makes its television debut on ABC on 6/16.
- More information was released about the 92 sommeliers who will help Chef Gloria Tae open the new Carthay Circle Restaurant on 6/15.
- Images were released of exclusive merchandise that will be available at DCA on 6/15 to celebrate the park’s grand reopening.
- The WonderGround art gallery opened on 6/9.
- Earl of Sandwich is under construction, opening date TBA.
- A multimedia truck promoting the new TRON: Uprising show on Disney XD appeared in Downtown Disney on 6/3-7.
- Upcoming Mayumi and Mayhem merchandise was announced for the Vault 28 and D Street stores.
All images copyright Disney.