by Seth Kubersky on June 25, 2012
Filed under: Disneyland (CA)
Welcome once again to our mostly-weekly wrap-up of what’s been happening at Disney’s Anaheim resort. Deepest apologies to anyone left bereft by the absence of this column, but the Touring Plans team was obviously occupied by a teensy-tiny little Grand Reopening that you may have heard about. Fret not: we’re back to bring you the news of everything that’s happened in the week since Cars Land and Buena Vista Street were unveiled to public.
The new attractions at Disney California Adventure have rewritten attendance rules at the resort, and redefined what “busy” means.
Quietest Day: Thanks to Annual Pass blackouts, Saturday 6/23 was only a 3.8 at Disneyland and 5.4 at Disney California Adventure.
Busiest Day: Tuesday 6/19 was unofficially reported by Al Lutz as the highest-attended day in the history of Disneyland Resort, until the record was broken again on Wednesday with a 4.4 in Disneyland and 9.9 at DCA.
- Disneyland hosted the final Grad Nites of 2012 on Friday And Saturday. After over 50 years at Disneyland park, the event will move to DCA only next year.
- The new Disney/Pixar film BRAVE debuted on June 22, along with new associated merchandise in stores throughout the resort.
- Several merchandise events were announced for July at the resort, including a book signing with Disney Legend Dave Smith on July 14.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishment
- All attractions in both parks are now open, including the new offerings in Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. No refurbishments are currently scheduled.
- The Carnation Plaza Gardens at Disneyland is being transformed in princess meet & greet. When the project is complete in 2013, the princesses current home in the former Videopolis theater will become an entertainment venue again.
- Glow with the Show mouse ear hats debuted at DCA, allowing guests to become part of the show at World of Color and Mad T Party.
- New Early Entry policies allowing select guests into both parks an hour before official opening time were implemented starting June 18.
- Compass Books in Downtown Disney is slowly being turned into an Earl of Sandwich, though so far no significant construction has yet been done on the interior.
All photos copyright Disney.