by Seth Kubersky on July 1, 2012
As the excitement over June’s grand openings fades into memory, we are entering the first full month of regular operation at the new and improved Disneyland Resort, which is expected to continue to set new attendance records all summer long. The celebrities have gone home, but the crowds are still strong, so strap in for our monthly Anaheim update.
All photos copyright Disney.
The Touring Plans crowd calendar pegs every single day in June as a “10 out of 10” on our historical scale, so if you are visiting we advise arriving extra-early with your ticket and touring plan in hand.
Quietest Day: There will be no “quiet” days until after the summer, with peak crowds daily at DCA, but Disneyland Park will be “only” a 7.3 on July 7. Look for Saturdays to be slightly slower due to Annual Pass blackouts.
Busiest Day: Every day this month will be mobbed, but July 27 should be the busiest with a 10 in DCA and a 9.6 at Disneyland.
- The entrance streets of both parks are presently decked out in patriotic bunting, in preparation for July 4th celebrations. Independence Day-inspired elements will be included in Disneyland’s nightly fireworks and Wold of Color’s preshow during July 1-4, with performances by the 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing Band on July 4.
- July 1-7 is California Avocado Week at Downtown Disney, with a nightly schedule of live cooking demonstrations, live entertainment, and guacamole-making competitions.
- Dates were announced for the 2012 Mickey’s Halloween Parties in Disneyland Park, running September 28 through October 31. Tickes go on sale July 9 to Annual Passholders, and July 16 to the general public.
- The Disneyana Fan Club is holding a private dinner at Disneyland on July 17 to honor animation directors John Musker and Ron Clements.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- All attractions at both parks are scheduled to be open throughout the month.
- Plaza Gardens in Disneyland is being rebuilt as Princess Fantasy Faire, reopening in 2013.
- The former Compass Books in Downtown Disney is very slowly being turned into Earl of Sandwich, with a vague opening date of Late Summer.
- According to MousePlanet, artwork in Paradise Pier hotel guest rooms is being replaced now through June 18.
- Crowning Achievements: Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms has replaced the railroad exhibit in Main Street USA’s Disney Gallery, and will be on display through early 2013.