by Seth Kubersky on July 3, 2012
Disneyland Resort began settling into summer operations last week, with slightly smaller (but still substantial) crowds following mid-June’s well-publicized festivities.
Quietest Day: Friday 6/29 was a 7 out of 10 at the resort overall, with Disneyland Park at only 3.3 and DCA at 9.0.
Busiest Day: Saturday 6/30 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort overall, with Disneyland Park at 6.8 and DCA at 9.3.
- Dates and prices were announced for the 2012 Mickey’s Halloween Party hard-ticket events. Tickets go on sale July 9 for Annual Passholders, and July 16 for the general public.
- Disney posted to YouTube the making-of videos featuring Cars Land and Buena Vista Street that formerly screened in DCA’s Blue Sky Cellar.
- The Australian “Today Show” spent the week broadcasting from Disneyland, blocking views of the castle from the hub with its stage.
- Images were released of new collectible pins, one featuring Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, that will be released at the parks in waves over the summer.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- All attractions in both parks were operating.
- The Disney Gallery on Main Street USA debuted Crowning Achievements: Creating Castles for Magical Kingdoms, an exhibit of castle artwork (and associated merchandise) from Disney parks worldwide.
- Plaza Gardens in Disneyland is being rebuilt as Princess Fantasy Faire, reopening in 2013.
- The former Compass Books in Downtown Disney is very slowly being turned into Earl of Sandwich, with a vague opening date of Late Summer.
All photos copyright Disney.