by Seth Kubersky on July 16, 2012
A fan-favorite unheralded Disneyland attraction marked a quarter-century, while heavy rains visited the Anaheim resort last week. It didn’t keep the crowds away, but it did play havoc with Disney California Adventure’s hottest new ride.
Quietest Day: Friday, July 13, was only a 5.1 out of 10 at Disneyland, and a 10.0 at DCA. Thursday, July 12, was the slowest day at DCA, at 8.2 out of 10.
Busiest Day: Tuesday, July 10, was a 7.5 out of 10 at Disneyland, and a 9.9 at DCA.
- The Disney Gallery, which was originally located in the current “Dream Suite” above Pirates of the Caribbean, celebrated 25 years at Disneyland Park on July 11.
- Guests to the Big Thunder Ranch on July 13-14 were asked to vote on a name for the ranch’s newest resident, a newborn lamb.
- Images were released of new snack-scented air fresheners, which will go on sale in the parks this August.
- The Disney Parks Blog conducted a brief and largely uniformative Q&A with three Cars Land Imagineers, and released a video highlighting the Red Car Trolleys on Buena Vista Street.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- All attractions were scheduled to operate last week.
- Progress continues on the new Princess Fantasy Faire in Disneyland, and the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.
- As reported by MiceAge and the TouringPlans Twitter feed, Radiator Springs Racers was inoperable all day Thursday and Friday, and much of the day Saturday, due to technical complications caused by rainstorms.