The Disneyland Resort celebrated a special date last week. Did you bake a cake?
Quietest Day: Friday 7/20 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at only 6.3.
Busiest Day: Tuesday 7/17 was a 10 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 9.7.
- As our Guy Jr. reported, Disneyland celebrated its 57th birthday on Tuesday 7/17 with a brief ceremony on Main Street USA.
- Also on Tuesday, the USA Olympic volleyball team visited Disneyland before departing for the London games.
- The Disney Parks Blog released behind-the-scenes videos about the landscaping in Cars Land and the old-time radio show that plays in Oswald's on Buena Vista Street, along with a brief Q&A with Imagineers about the creation of DCA's new entry area.
- The Parks Blog also highlighted Disneyland Resort's PhotoPass+ package, which can now be pre-ordered online for a $30 discount.
- The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals ordered Disney to reevaluate its ban on Segway use by disabled guests.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- RAll attractions were scheduled to be in operation last week.
- Construction continues on the Princess Fantasy Faire in Disneyland and Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.
- Al Lutz reported on MiceAge.com that Alice in Wonderland will close soon to replace the “temporary” saftey railings that have scarred the ride exterior for the past 2 years.