Non-Disney loving people that I know are always asking me the same tired question… “You’re going to Disney World… again?” Yeah, I am. I always am and I always will be going again. The follow-up questions seem to be pretty consistant too. “Don’t you ever get sick of it? Haven’t you done everything there is to do?
Obviously, those of us that know the parks well are aware that it’s virtually impossible to do every single thing at Disney World. The resort is always changing and evolving. New things are getting added all the time. Traveling with new people and at different times of the year makes each and every trip to Disney World unique and interesting. A while ago, I decided that I needed a way to ensure that I was experiencing something new every trip. That’s when I started my bucket list.
In case you don’t know, a bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you “kick the bucket.” Throughout the past couple of years I’ve actually gotten to cross off many things from my list. I finally rode the teacups (which I survived) and eventually I sat through Country Bear Jamboree. Staying at the Polynesian Resort was always a dream of mine since childhood and back in 2010 I crossed that off of my list.
I have a feeling that some of these experiences are going to be pretty easy to accomplish while other tasks are going to require a miracle or a small fortune. That’s why it’s a bucket list! I may not get to everything but it’s fun to imagine actually accomplishing things I’ve dreamt of doing at Disney World.
1. See the Osborne Lights – Yeah! Believe it or not, I haven’t been to Disney World during the holiday season since I was 9 years old. While I never tire of looking at photos of the Osborne Lights, I sure would like to see it for myself.
2. Be in A Disney parade – It would be so fun to be one of the people chosen to sit on a float and wave to the crowd. If I had my choice, I’d like to be in Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade because it’s my favorite and I know all of the words.
3. Stay at the Boardwalk Resort – I don’t want to just stay at the Boardwalk. I want to stay in one of the rooms that overlooks Crescent Lake. That view is amazing!
4. Eat at California Grill – Here’s another thing that I can’t believe I haven’t done. I have a crazy love for sushi that is verging on a lustful obsession. Someday, I want to fill my belly with sushi and then watch Wishes from the top of the Contemporary Resort.
5. Ride on a trolley on Main Street U.S.A. – Here’s something that doesn’t cost a dime, doesn’t take a lot of time, and I still haven’t done it. The trolley is just so iconic and is quintisential Disney.
6. Walk hand in hand with Mickey Mouse on Main Street U.S.A. – Okay, I know this is a little far fetched since Mickey would clearly be mobbed if he ever actually set foot on Main Street. Nevertheless, I’m still holding out hope for a miracle. I’m pretty sure I’d feel like I was filming a cheesy Disney commercial if this ever happened.
7. Meet the cast of “Hercules” – If you follow me on Twitter, you’ve probably seen me gab about my insane love for the Disney movie, “Hercules.” Well, Disney, for some dumb reason, must hate bringing out the cast of Hercules because the only place I’ve ever seen them is during performances of Fantasmic. My absolute favorite villian is Hades and I do believe that if I ever met him I would probably pass out from utter joy.
8. Complete an Ultimate Touring Plan – I’ve wanted to do this for the longest time but it requires some dedication and planning to make it happen. Whenever I do accomplish this, I’ll be sure to do a full report.
Whether you’re on your 5th Disney World trip or your 50th, everyone can find something that they’ve always wanted to do but haven’t. I challenge you to make your very own Disney World bucket list. In fact, sit down with your family and have everyone come up with a list then share them. Make it a priority to cross one thing off with every trip to Disney World.
Let me know what is on your Disney bucket list in the comment section!