by Seth Kubersky on August 6, 2012
Filed under: Disneyland (CA)
August arrived last week, and with it the last wave of summer tourists before the Disneyland Resort gets to catch its breath at the end of this month.
Quietest Day: Monday 7/30 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 7.6 and Disneyland Park at 8.9.
Busiest Day: Sunday 7/29 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 8.5 and Disneyland Park at 9.2.
- On July 30, lucky readers of the Disney Parks blog were invited to a showing of World of Color at DCA, and received free Glow with the Show ear hats. Later in the week, Disney released a video explaining the technology behind the interactive light-up hats.
- Images were released of the new Princess Fantasy Faire model, which will replace the Princess Royal Walk that closes August 12. A new show will open in the Fantasyland Theatre next year.
- New images by Celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz, one featuring actor Russell Brand as Captain Hook, we're released online with behind-the-scenes videos of the photo shoots.
- A new collectible pin set inspired by the Cars Land artwork of designer Chip Foose went on sale in the resort on August 2.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- The Jungle Cruise returned from a brief unscheduled refurbishment with new safety features on the boat dock.
- An outpost of Walt Disney World's Pirate League makeover experience is temporarily coming to Disneyland's Court of Angels for Halloween (September 2 through October 31).
- Construction continues on the Princess Fantasy Faire in Disneyland, and Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.
- Al Lutz reports on MiceAge.com that Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will close for a major refurbishment in fall 2012 through 2013.