Well, after years of waiting, the New Fantasyland is getting SO close to opening some of it’s key attractions. Today, Disney announced that it will officially open New Fantasyland on December 6, 2012! Also announced, previews for the new area will begin November 19. (No word yet on what types of previews these would be, at least right now.)
Making their debut during this Grand Opening will be:
- Under The Sea ~ Voyage of The Little Mermaid: An attraction where guests will have the opportunity to travel with Ariel and friends in a dark ride with lots of songs that are featured in the movie.
- Ariel’s Grotto: A meet and greet area featuring Ariel herself.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant: a beautiful dining experience that will be quick service during lunch and table service during dinner. (Guests will be able to make dining reservations soon.)
- Gaston’s Tavern: a dining establishment featuring Gaston’s brand of decorating
- Bonjour! Village Gifts: a brand new shop
- Enchanted Tales With Belle: an interactive story-telling experience with Belle and Lumiere
Disney has already opened part of the Storybook Circus area, featuring Dumbo, the new Fantasyland Train Station, The Barnstormer Featuring Goofy as The Great Goofini, and the Casey Jr. Soak ‘n’ Splash Station. It is expected that the remaining parts of Storybook Circus, containing the attraction Pete’s Silly Sideshow will also open on December 6.
Once these are open, Disney will still have more coming down the pipeline. Found in the Castle Courtyard, Princess Fairytale Hall, where guests will get to reign court with some of Disney’s most famous Princesses, will open in 2013. (It will be found in the former location of Snow White’s Scary Adventures.) Then, in 2014, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will take guests on a first of its kind, rollicking roller coaster.
It’s going to be an exciting fall at the Magic Kingdom! I’m so excited!