by Seth Kubersky on September 3, 2012
The end of August equals the start of the slow September season at Disneyland. Crowds should be minimal for the next couple weeks, at least until the special Halloween events kick off on the 14th.
Quietest Day: Tuesday 8/28 was a 2 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 2.7 and Disneyland Park at only 1.2.
Busiest Day: Saturday 9/1 was a 5 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 3 and Disneyland Park at 5.
- The Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend was held 8/31 through 9/2, culminating in the running of the 2012 Disneyland half-marathon on Sunday.
- Disneyland Annual Passholders can make reservations to sample the new menu at Disney's Paradie Pier Hotel's PCH Grill, now through September 20.
- Annual Passholders were also invited on 8/28 to an exclusive viewing of Fantasmic! which kicked off the inclusion of “Glow with the Show” mouse ear lighting effects in the nightly production.
- Tickets went on sale for Passholder previews of the upcoming Frankenweenie exhibit at DCA, including a special dining experience. Registration for free previews begins on 9/5 for the 9/13 event.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Mouseinfo reported that the Voices of Liberty performances at the Main Street Opera House have been extended through the holiday season.
- The Pirates League makeover boutique has temporarily taken over New Orleans Court of Angels, now through Halloween.
- The Haunted Mansion closed on 8/27, and will reopen on 9/14 as Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Several attractions, including Indiana Jones Adventure, Casey Jr Circus Train, and Storybookland Canal Boats, close this week for extensive refurbishments.
- Tonight (9/3) is the final performance of the Magic, Memories, and You projection show.
- Construction continues on the new Fantasyland Theatre and Princess Fantasy Faire.
- Construction continues on the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.