by Seth Kubersky on September 24, 2012
Filed under: Disneyland (CA)
The Halloween celebrations continued last week at Disneyland, as an extraterrestrial celebrity made a farewell flight over the Happiest Place on Earth.
Busiest Day: Sunday 9/16 was a 6 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 7.5 and Disneyland Park at 4.7.
Quietest Day: Tuesday 9/18 was a 1 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 1.9 and Disneyland Park at 1.1.
- Halloween Time, featuring special “haunted” versions of Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain, continues through October 31.
- The Space Shuttle Endeavour, mounted on the back of a 747, made a farewell flyover of the Disneyland resort on its way to retirement at a Los Angeles science center.
- Disney announced that characters from Wreck-It Ralph will appear in the Tommorrowland Starcade starting in November.
- Amusement Today awarded the “Golden Ticket” for “2012 Park of the Year” to Disney California Adventure.
- Collectible “artist sketches” depicting iconic park attractions are now for sale at the Disney Gallery on Main Street USA.
- A “Get Spookier” meetup for Disney Parks blog readers was held on 9/17 in New Orleans Square, featuring a panel with members of Disneyland's Halloween creative team.
- Tinker Bell's sister Perriwinkle is now appearing in meet & greets at Pixie Hollow in Disneyland.
- A time-lapse video depicting the transformation of Haunted Mansion into Haunted Mansion Holiday was relaxed by the Disney Parks blog.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12.
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes: Closed 9/17/12 and 9/18/12.
- Sailing Ship Columbia: Closed 9/18/12 through 9/20/12.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- Soarin' operated at 50% capacity on September 18 and 19 as its two theaters were each serviced on successive days.
- The Frankenweenie exhibit is now on view in DCA's Disney Animation building.
- Construction continues on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, with no opening date announced yet.