by Seth Kubersky on October 1, 2012
Filed under: Disneyland (CA)
The month of October is one of my favorite times to visit the Disneyland Resort, between the moderate crowds, mild weather, and special events. Beware, however, that several favorite Disneyland attractions will be off-limits for refurbishment or sporting seasonal overlays over the next month.
Quietest Day: Most Mondays through Thursdays this month (with the exception of Columbus Day) should see light crowds. Tuesday 10/30 is predicted at only 1.1 out of 10 at Disneyland, and 3.2 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Saturdays and Sundays should get quite crowded thanks to the popular Halloween offerings. Saturday 10/13 is the month's predicted peak with a 9.4 out of 10 in Disneyland, and 10.0 at DCA.
- Halloween Time, Disneyland's annual trick-or-treat-themed decor treatment, officially runs through October 31.
- Disney's Happiest Haunts VIP guided tours continue to be offered every night through October 31
- Mickey's Halloween Party will be held after hours in Disneyland on October 2, 5, 9, 12, 14, 15, 19, 23, 26, 29, and 31. Disneyland Park will close to day guests as early as 6pm on these nights.
- Magic Morning early entry is now now longer available at the Disneyland Park on Sundays. Instead, Extra Magic Hour is available on Sunday at Disney California Adventure for Disneyland Resort hotel guests only.
- Sunday 10/14 is the 2012 CHOC Walk In The Park, a charity 5k inside Disneyland Resort benefiting Children's Hospital of Orange County.
- October 5-7 are the 14th annual unofficial Gay Days Anaheim. Red-shirted crowds will be present in Disneyland on 10/6 and DCA on 10/7.
- Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney hostes haunted gingerbread house building workshops on October 20, 27, and 28. Call 714-776-5200 for reservations.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12..
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds: Closed 10/1 to 10/3 for refurbishment.
- Starcade: Closed 10/8 to 10/18 for refurbishment.
- “it's a small world”: Closed 10/22 to 11/8 for holiday overlay installation.
- Muppet*Vision 3D is not running while a Frankenweenie 4D trailer is screened in the theater (end date unknown).
- Construction continues on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, with no opening date announced yet.