Filed under: Disneyland (CA)
October is off and running at the Disneyland Resort, with moderate crowds on weekdays, and longer lines for popular Halloween offerings on the weekends. Word is that cast members are cracking down on gate-crashes during after-hours Halloween parties this year, so make sure you have your wristband before lining up for trick-or-treats!
Quietest Day: Monday 10/1 was a 1 out 10 at the resort, with crowds at 1.1 out of 10 at Disneyland, and 1.1 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Saturday 10/6 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with a 8.6 out of 10 in Disneyland, and 8.7 at DCA.
- Halloween Time, Disneyland’s annual trick-or-treat-themed decor treatment, continues to run through October 31. Disneyland released a video with pumpkin carving templates to celebrate the resort’s holiday festivities.
- Disney’s Happiest Haunts VIP guided tours continued to be offered every night through October 31
- Mickey’s Halloween Party was held after hours in Disneyland on October 2 & 5, and will continue on October 9, 12, 14, 15, 19, 23, 26, 29, and 31. Disneyland Park closes to day guests as early as 6pm on these nights, greatly increasing attendance in DCA on those days.
- Magic Morning early entry is no longer available at the Disneyland Park on Sundays. Instead, Extra Magic Hour is available on Sunday at Disney California Adventure for Disneyland Resort hotel guests only.
- October 5-7 was the 14th annual unofficial Gay Days Anaheim.
- WonderGround art gallery in Downtown Disney announced a number of Halloween-themed artist events between now and the end of the month.
- The Disney Parks blog released some details on Disneyland’s Holiday offerings (Nov 12-Jan 6), which will now include Christmas decor in Cars Land and Buena Vista Street.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds was scheduled to be closed 10/1 to 10/3 for refurbishment.
- Muppet*Vision 3D is not running while a Frankenweenie 4D trailer is screened in the theater (end date unknown).
- The Beast’s Library interactive attraction inside the Disney Animation exhibit has been updated with new characters.
- In Cars Land, the garage that was originally intended as the Fastpass distribution center for Radiator Springs Racers is being repurposed as an extension of Ramone’s gift shop.
- Construction continues on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, with no opening date announced yet.