The spook season is on the verge of saying “boo-bye” for another year, so slide over to the Disneyland Resort in the coming week if you want to experience the Halloween Time festivities. But be warned: you won't be the only one flocking to see Haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy next weekend!
Quietest Day: Monday 10/15 was a 2 out 10 at the resort, with crowds at 1.1 out of 10 at Disneyland, and 1.9 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Saturday 10/20 was an 8 out of 10 at the resort, with a 8.4 out of 10 in Disneyland, and 5.5 at DCA.
- Halloween Time, Disneyland's annual trick-or-treat-themed decor treatment, continues to run through October 31. Special themed foods are currently available at the Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, and other park restaurants.
- Disney's Happiest Haunts VIP guided tours continued to be offered every night through October 31. It will be replaced next month by Holiday Time tours.
- Mickey's Halloween Party was held after hours in Disneyland on October 14, 15, & 19, and will continue on October 23, 26, 29, and 31. Disneyland Park closes to day guests as early as 6pm on these nights, greatly increasing attendance in DCA on those days.
- The CHOC Children's Hospital Walk in the Park charity fundraiser was held at the resort on 10/14, raising $1.8 million for health care programs.
- Disney announced their new “Limited Time Magic” marketing campaign, which will bring short-term special experiences to the parks in 2013, including a temporary return of the classic Golden Horseshoe Revue show to Disneyland.
- A temporary ice-skating rink is now operating at Downtown Disney near the AMC Theatre. It is tied to the release of the new Tinker Bell film, and will officially open on October 23.
- Check out this adorable “goat-cam” video featuring the residents of Big Thunder Ranch.
- The United States Air Force concert band and singing sergeants performed in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle and around the resort on 10/18.
- Police arrested a Buena Park man for selling $40,000 worth of counterfeit tickets to Disneyland and other area attractions. Alway buy your park tickets from reputable source!
- Glee actor Mathew Morrison was photographed with Mickey in Halloween garb while visiting Disneyland Resort last weekend.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure is closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- The Tomorrowland Starcade was closed 10/8-10/18 to install a Wreck-It Ralph meet & greet, which is scheduled to open on 10/26.
- Muppet*Vision 3D is not running while a Frankenweenie 4D trailer is screened in the theater (end date unknown).
- Decorative tile in front of Carthay Circle in DCA is currently being replaced; the restaurant remains open.
- In Cars Land, the garage that was originally intended as the Fastpass distribution center for Radiator Springs Racers is being repurposed as an extension of Ramone's gift shop.
- Construction continues on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, with no opening date announced yet. The largest rumors suggest it may be open for Thanksgiving.