Halloween still has a few days left before it’s officially here, but that hasn’t stopped the Disneyland Resort from starting to install Christmas decor earlier than ever. Try not to suffer too much seasonal dissonance while strolling around the resort!
Quietest Day: Monday 10/22 was a 2 out 10 at the resort, with crowds at 1.3 out of 10 at Disneyland, and 1.2 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Saturday 10/27 was an 8 out of 10 at the resort, with a 7.6 out of 10 in Disneyland, and 4.5 at DCA.
- Halloween Time, Disneyland’s annual trick-or-treat-themed decor treatment, concludes on October 31. The Disney Parks Blog released behind-the-scenes videos highlighting the carved pumpkins and gingerbread house featured during the event.
- Disney’s Happiest Haunts VIP guided tours continued to be offered every night through October 31. It will be replaced next month by Holiday Time tours.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party was held after hours in Disneyland on October 23 & 26, and will conclude on October 29 & 31. Disneyland Park closes to day guests as early as 6pm on these nights, greatly increasing attendance in DCA on those days.
- A temporary ice-skating rink officially opened on 10/23 at Downtown Disney near the AMC Theatre. It is tied to the release of the new Tinker Bell film, and will operate through the holiday season.
- Singer/actress Mandy Moore stopped into Disneyland and visited her cinematic alter-ego Rapunzel in Fantasyland.
- A new series of pseudo-retro souvenir T-shirts were released for sale around the resort.
- Disneyland announced it will sponsor a Cars Land-themed float in the 2013 Rose Parade.
- The Stanley Cup was spotted at Disneyland on 10/22 to celebrate the LA Kings’ recent NHL hockey championship victory.
- Celebrity narrators, starting and ending with actor Dennis Haysbert, were announced for the Disneyland Candlelight Ceremony in Town Square on December 1-20.
- Holders of 4 and 5 day tickets are now being asked to enter Disneyland Resort parks through specially marked turnstiles and show ID, in an effort to reduced resale fraud.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure is closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train are closed through 11/15/12.
- it’s a small world is closed now through 11/8 to install the holiday overlay.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail at DCA is closed through 11/8 for refurbishment.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- The Tomorrowland Starcade is now hosting a temporary Wreck-It Ralph meet & greet, which opened on 10/26.
- Muppet*Vision 3D retuned to its theater at DCA during the daytime; a Frankenweenie 4D trailer is screened in the theater in the evenings (end date unknown).
- Decorative tile in front of Carthay Circle in DCA is currently being replaced; the restaurant remains open.
- In Cars Land, the garage that was originally intended as the FASTPASS distribution center for Radiator Springs Racers is being repurposed as an extension of Ramone’s gift shop.
- Construction is concluding on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney, which is scheduled to open on November 2.
- The aritists painting custom watches on Main Street have sadly been discontinued at both Disneyland and WDW.
- The upcoming motion picture Saving Mr. Banks, starring Tom Hanks as Walt Disney, will be filming at Disneyland on November 6-7.