Last week, Disneyland’s seasonal relay race passed the torch from Halloween to Christmas, bypassing poor Thanksgiving along the way. Fear not, if you are craving some holiday turkey — a new addition to Downtown Disney has the cranberry-accented sandwich you are seeking.
Quietest Day: Monday 10/29 was a 1 out of 10 at the resort, with a 1.1 at Disneyland, and 2.3 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Saturday 11/3 was a 7 out of 10 at the resort, with a 7.8 at Disneyland, and 5.9 at DCA.
- Disneyland’s Halloween Time seasonal celebration concluded on October 31.
- The final Mickey’s Halloween Parties of 2012 were held after hours in Disneyland on October 29 & 31.
- Disney’s Happiest Haunts VIP guided tours concluded on October 31. They will be replaced starting on 11/12 by Holiday Time tours.
- A temporary ice skating rink is now officially open in Downtown Disney through the holiday season; admission costs $15, plus skate rental.
- The annual Disney holiday parade was filmed in Disneyland last weekend with host Mario Lopez; it will be broadcast next month on ABC.
- Arrested Development actor Jason Bateman was spotted visiting Cars Land with his daughter last week.
- Disney Parks launched a new Tumblr feed featuring photos by TouringPlans’ own Tom Bricker.
- Disney announced the $4 billion purchase of Lucasfilm, and the release of new Star Wars sequel films starting in 2015.
- The French Market restaurant has a new menu, featuring po boy sandwiches and panko-crusted snapper.
- A soundtrack of background music from DCA’s Carthay Circle Restaurant was announced for release on 11/6, featuring jazz covers of Disney standards.
- Concept art was released depicting the Christmas tree that will be erected on DCA’s Buena Vista Street.
- A series of art merchandise events were announced for Disneyland’s Disney Gallery throughout the month of November, beginning on 11/10.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: Closed through 11/15/12 for refurbishment.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theater.
- “it’s a small world”: Closed 10/22 to 11/8 for holiday overlay installation.
- Big Thunder Ranch: Closed 11/1 to 11/8 to remove Halloween decor.
- Big Thunder Mountain’s FASTPASS distribution is currently closed for refurbishment.
- The temporary Pirates League makeover boutique has been removed from New Orleans Square.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday now offers FASTPASS.
- Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney officially opened on 11/2. Try the holiday turkey sandwich!