by Seth Kubersky on November 19, 2012
We hope you got a chance to check out Disneyland's seasonal decor during last week's slow period, because this week will be slammed with holiday tourists. On the plus side, a couple Fantasyland classics returned recently from extensive refurbishment, revealing a famous puppet-eating whale who now looks better than he has in years.
Quietest Day: Tuesday and Wednesday 11/13 & 14 were both a 1 out of 10 at the resort, with a 1.1 at Disneyland, and 1.1 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Sunday 11/11 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with a 7.6 at Disneyland, and 8.7 at DCA.
- Holiday decoration were installed throughout the resort in time for the offical 11/12 start of Disneyland's Holiday season, which runs through 1/6/2013. The Holiday Fantasy daytime parade is now performing daily.
- Guided VIP tours of Disneyland's holiday offerings are available now through the end of the season.
- Beginning on 11/12, the Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks at Disneyland Park now interacts with Glow With The Show light-up mouse ear hats.
- The Plummers, a Marine Corps family from California, helped “flip the switch” inaugurating this season's “it's a small world” holiday decor on 11/12.
- Disneyland released details on Thanksgiving feasts offered this Thursday at the resort hotels and throughout the parks.
- Disney has rolled out a new Mickey Check symbol on restaurant menus at both American resorts, indicating kids' meal selections that meet new nutritional guidelines.
- Cars Land, Radiator Springs Racers, and Carthay Circle Theater all picked up prestigious prizes at the annual Themed Entertainment Association industry awards.
- Santa is making daily appearances at Big Thunder Ranch's Jingle Jangle Jamboree through the end of the season.
- Between 11/12 and 11/18, annual passholders could enter a sweepstakes for tickets to the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland Park. Winners will be notified starting 11/26.
- Holiday decor, seasonal songs, and nightly “snowfalls” have been added to DCA's Mad T Party now through New Years. Glow in the dark collectible pins are also now on sale.
- A new holiday edition of the Buena Vista Bugle is now being distributed in DCA.
- Variety reported that Disney is developing a new television show based on the ride Big Thunder Mountain.
- A Babydoll sheep and minature Herford cow have joined the herd at Big Thunder Ranch; visiting guests can vote on what the animals' names should be.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Storybook Land Canal Boats and Casey Jr. Circus Train: reopened on 11/16 after refurbishment, with new safety railings installed along the bridge over the canal.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- The repair of tile in front of Carthay Circle Restaurant has been completed, with no significant CHAGES from the original look.
- MuppetVision 4D has been temporarily replaced with the Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice 3-D short film for the holiday season.
- A Prep & Landing sequence has also been temporarily added to World of Color performances.