Did you get your fill of turducken, green bean casserole, and pumpkin pie last week? Hopefully you were busy chowing down during Thanksgiving, and not braving the record crowds that descended upon the Disneyland Resort. Cyber Monday through Post-Turkey Thursday is your last best chance for exploring the park's holiday offerings. Expect attendance to steadily build starting this coming Friday through the end of December.
Quietest Day: Saturday 11/24 was a 9 out of 10 at the resort, with a 8.5 at Disneyland, and 8.4 at DCA.
Busiest Day: Tuesday 11/20 was a 10 out of 10 at the resort, with a 9.6 at Disneyland, and 9.9 at DCA.
- Holiday decorations are visible throughout the resort to celebrate Disneyland's Holiday season, which runs through 1/6/2013. The Holiday Fantasy daytime parade is now performing daily.
- Annual passholders who entered a sweepstakes for tickets to the Candlelight Processional at Disneyland Park should be notified if they won beginning today (11/26). Glow in the dark merchandise themed to the show will be available in the park starting December 1.
- Guided VIP tours of Disneyland's holiday offerings are available now through the end of the season.
- Now through 1/6, the Believe…In Holiday Magic fireworks at Disneyland Park now interacts with Glow With The Show light-up mouse ear hats.
- Disneyland offered Thanksgiving feasts last Thursday at the resort hotels and throughout the parks.
- Santa is making daily appearances at Big Thunder Ranch's Jingle Jangle Jamboree through the end of the season.
- Holiday decor, seasonal songs, and nightly “snowfalls” have been added to DCA's Mad T Party now through New Years. Glow in the dark collectible pins are also now on sale.
- Ramone's House of Body Art in Cars Land officially expands its merchandise space into the former FastPass distribution garage next door begining today, though sales there started over the weekend. Special seasonal Cars Land items will be on sale through the end of the holidays.
- A new collection of Nightmare Before Christmas-inspired artwork by Noah will be released on 12/1 at Downtown Disney's WonderGround Gallery.
- Fresh hand-made candy canes will be prepared at Disneyland's Candy Palace on November 23, 26, & 30, and December 3, 7, 10, 14, 17, 21, 23, & 24. The canes will also be made at DCA's Trolley Treats on November 24 & 27, and December 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, & 25. Arrive at park opening to secure a wristband and be prepared for a long, long, wait if you want one of the $13 sweets!
- Santa Claus currently is posing for (paid) photos in the mornings at the Paradise Pier hotel, and in the evenings at the Grand Californian and Disneyland hotels.
- A modest “holiday village” of merchandise and snack vendors has cropped up near the ice skating rink in Downtown Disney.
- A contract worker was cleaning the exterior of Disneyland's Space Mountain last Wednesday when he fell and slid down the roof, and had rescued by the fire department.
- Disneyland Resort is now allowing guests with 4 or 5 day passes to enter the parks through any turnstyle, but is still checking photo IDs. This results in slow entry procedures; be prepared this holiday season to arrive extra early (at least 45 pre-opening) to be one of the first people into the park.
- Actor Will Ferrell was spotted hanging out with Santa Goofy inside Disneyland Park last week.
Openings, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Indiana Jones Adventure: Closed through 12/7/12 for a much needed refurbishment.
- Construction continues through 2013 on the new Princess Fantasy Faire and Fantasyland Theatre.
- MuppetVision 4D has been temporarily replaced with the Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice 3-D short film for the holiday season.
- A Prep & Landing sequence has also been temporarily added to World of Color performances.
Mickey’s Fun Wheel is closed for refurbishment 11/26 through 12/6.