Recently, a few details have come out about the upcoming 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. Since the festival is just a few short months away, Disney has been releasing more and more details.
Because this is the 20th year, it appears that a lot of new firsts will be added to the annual event. For the first time ever, there will be food and beverage cooking stations selling items such as barbeque and global and garden inspired fare. These exclusive bites will be found along the World Showcase promenade.
Also new for next year, in both Future World and World Showcase, illuminated gardens and topiaries will glow each evening.
Like previous years, guests will be able to experience seminars presented by HGTV design celebrities in the Festival Center. These seminars will take place Friday through Sunday.
A perennial favorite is the Flower Power Concerts. This year, new acts include The Village People and Tommy Roe. The schedule for the festival is:
- March 6-10: Micky Dolenz
- March 15-17: Chubby Checker & The Wildcats
- March 22-24: The Guess Who
- March 29-31: Nelson
- April 5-7: The Turtles featuring Flo & Eddie
- April 12-14: Paul Revere & the Raiders
- April 19-21: The Village People (new!)
- April 26-28: The Orchestra, Featuring Former Members of ELO and ELO II
- May 3-5: Tommy Roe (new!)
- May 10-12: Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone
- May 17-19: Starship starring Mickey Thomas
The Festival runs from March 6 to May 19 and is include in admission to Epcot.