TouringPlans.com is excited to kick off 2013 by adding Universal Orlando Resort travel tools to our site. Universal Orlando includes the Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure theme parks (home of the popular Wizarding World of Harry Potter), as well as three elaborate resort hotels and the CityWalk entertainment district.
Universal has long provided high-quality rides and shows, and touring plans and descriptions for the parks have been a part of our Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World and companion travel books for years. Now we are using the same data collection and mathematical techniques we use at Disneyland and Walt Disney World to allow Universal Orlando guests to do more while waiting less.
This release is a “beta” preview of our final Universal Orlando Resort products. While we apply the final touches, our Universal Orlando tools are available at no charge to anyone with a TouringPlans.com subscription.
The TouringPlans.com Universal Orlando product includes:
- Lines mobile website (iPhone and Android apps will soon follow) at http://m.touringplans.com/uor. This includes expected wait times, 10-day crowd calendar with park hours, user chat, touring plans, and dining menus. Be sure to login with your TouringPlans.com account to get full access.
- 365-day crowd calendar with per-park crowd predictions, as well as an overall prediction for the resort.
- Detailed attraction, dining, and hotel descriptions with ratings based on Unofficial Guide surveys and professional reviews.
- Universal Orlando information regarding the Universal Express front-of-the-line option, lockers, tickets, transportation, discounts, and more.
- Premium Touring Plans: step-by-step guides to navigating the theme parks with minimal waits. Different plans are designed for different age groups, including parents with small children, parents with ‘tweens, adults, and seniors. Attractions on these plans are chosen based on survey data from Unofficial Guide readers.
- Personalized Touring Plans: you choose the attractions, meals, and breaks. Then let our data-driven computerized optimizer determine the most efficient way to organize your day.
Once you have tried the new Universal Orlando product, we’d appreciate your letting us know what we can do better. Please send feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We expect this free test period to last through at least January 19, 2013. Specific pricing has not yet been determined, but rest assured that it will not break the bank. (For reference, our Disney World subscription costs less than $1 per month!).