by Rikki Niblett on January 11, 2013
Guests will get to celebrate Mardi Gras with Princess Tiana and gang in New Orleans Square in New Orleans Square at Disneyland during the Bayou Bash. The event will take place for 4 consecutive weekends, (January 18 – 21, January 25 – 27, February 1 – 3, and February 8 – 12.) During the event, guests will get to enjoy lively jazz music, as well as street performances. These include:
- Princess Tiana’s Mardi Gras Celebration – Princess Tiana, Louis and Prince Naveen make their way through New Orleans Square where a musical celebration takes place featuring tunes from The Princess and The Frog
- Jambalaya Jazz Band – The band will perform jazzy tunes
- Royal Street Bachelors – This will be found at the French Market Stage and will be joined throughout the day by Princess Tiana
- New Orleans Traditional Jazz Band – Throughout the day, a rousing Mardi Gras procession play on the streets of New Orleans Square. Along with the band, an umbrella dancer will lead the mash-up of colorful performers and musicians
- Character Greetings at Court of Angels – Princess Tiana will be greeting guests along with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy in their Mardi Gras apparel
In addition to the special entertainment, Cajun dishes will be available for the event.
The Bayou Bash is scheduled to take place from 10 am – 6 pm during it’s 4 weekend stint.