Will you be in Disney World on Monday, April 22? Are you a big Disney’s Animal Kingdom fan? If so, you’ll want to be in attendance as the park celebrates its 15th Anniversary!
The park will celebrate with a few special events that will take place throughout the day.
- A special opening ceremony that will take place at the Tree of Life at 8:40 am with speeches from Josh D’Amaro, VP of Disney’s Animal Kingdom; Dr. Jackie Ogden, VP of Animals, Science, and Entertainment; and Joe Rohde, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering Creative
- Artists presenting their work for purchase in Africa and on Discovery Island
- Earth Day “Party for the Planet” which will involve interactive experiences focusing on animals and nature. Takes place from 9 am – 5 pm.
- 15th Anniversary merchandise (limited)
- Special food and drink options
Blogger’s Note: I have been in attendance at both the Magic Kingdom/Walt Disney World’s 40th Anniversary, as well as Epcot’s 30th Anniversary, and I can tell you these are special days to be in the parks. A tip: Make sure to get to the park early. It will allow you to get better positioning for the events, but there also is a general excitement that’s in the air and is infectious. It’s exciting to know you are a part of that. Also, in previous anniversaries, usually a special pin and park map are handed out. I’m not sure if that will be the case for this anniversary, but it is something to be aware of in case it happens with this one.