- While the opening ceremony will be taking place at 8:40 am, the gates will open at 8:30 am in front of the Tree of Life. One note: Joe Rohde, Senior VP of Walt Disney Imagineering Creative, was originally supposed to make an appearance, but now he is not expected to attend.
- A special commemorative park map will be handed out to celebrate the occasion. There will also be a special postcard that serves as as a Party for the Planet guide.
- Speaking of Party for the Planet, activities will take place in Africa, Asia, and Rafiki’s Planet Watch. Kids will get the chance to learn how to identify animals by observing tracks and other clues in Africa. In Asia, families will find out how choosing green products can make a big difference for wildlife and nature. Over at Rafiki’s Planet Watch families will discover ways to spend time in nature and participate in activities inspired by the films African Cats, Chimpanzee, and Wings of Life.
- Starting April 22 and lasting until quantities run out, a limited edition commemorative button will be given out to those who contribute to the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund.
- Speak with specialists from Elemental Nursery and Just Plumerias, who will be there featuring their beautiful plants and topiaries.
- Face Painting will be available
- Special merchandise will be sold
- Guests can pick up a special Earth Day Cupcake
It is sure to be a great event!