Walt Disney World is going to celebrate Cinco de Mayo all week! From May 5 – 11, Epcot will host a special celebration honoring Mexico and its people and culture.
First, for guests who love meeting characters, a special meet and greet will take place where the Three Caballeros (Panchito, José Carioca, and, of course, Donald!) will be available to pose for photos.
In addition, there will be the opportunity to enjoy special entertainment with folklore dancing, marionettes, and performances by Mariachi Cobre.
For exact times for the entertainment options, make sure to pick up a Times Guide.
- Cream of Chile Poblano: Chile poblano, cilantro, onion, garlic, and Mexican cream, garnished with tortilla strips, poblano peppers and cream ($7.50)
- Chalupas de Chicharron: Corn dough topped with roasted chipotle sauce, shredded chicken, pork rind in green tomatillo sauce, fresh cheese, sour cream, and avocado ($11.50)
- Chile en Nogada: Egg-battered stuffed poblano pepper with pork, almonds, raisins, apple, pineapple, cinnamon, roasted tomato, and garlic, topped with a walnut cream sauce ($24.50)
- Enchiladas de Mole Poblano: Corn tortillas filled with marinated chicken, topped with mole poblano sauce, sesame seeds, and Mexican cream ($23.50)
- Pollo Rostizado en Salsa de Mercado: Slow roasted French-chicken breast, topped with a roasted green tomato, pine nuts, garlic, onion, and saffron sauce ($23.50)
- Camotes en Leche Condensada: Sweet potato dessert topped condensed milk, garnished with almond brittle ($7.00)
Make sure to stop by La Cava del Tequila for special drink options, too!
You won’t want to miss out on this fiesta!