Late Summer is always known as a less busy time to visit Walt Disney World. A lot of kids are either just about to start to go back to school or are already in their first few weeks. Because of that, Disney often schedules a few refurbishments in this time window.
Here is a list of what you can expect to see down:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for two days from June 22 and 23, reopening June 24.
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel will close for a previously postponed refurbishment from August 1 – 21, reopening August 22.
- Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed for very brief refurbishment from August 5 – 9, reopening on August 10.
- Jungle Cruise will see a lengthy refurbishment from August 19 – September 30, reopening October 1.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Muppet*Vision 3D will be closed for a refurbishment for a little less than a month, from August 6 – September 2, reopening September 3.
In addition, The Epcot Character Spot is finally going to open from its extra long refurbishment that started way back in October. It was originally supposed to reopen in January, but now it will debut on June 3.
For a complete list of refurbishments for the parks, please check out our Disney World Refurbishment Schedule.