by Len Testa on July 24, 2013
This is your chance to get paid for visiting Disney World and writing about it. We’re looking for people to blog about Disney World’s theme parks, restaurants, resorts and activities, in a concise, fact-based, way. (A bit of wit would be great; we’ll accept wry insouciance too.)
Here’s what we’re after:
- Three blog posts per week. Any day of the week is fine. Topics will be fact-based and should relate to Disney trip planning, including areas such as crowds, touring strategy, restaurant reviews, hotel reviews, and highlighting activities such as shopping, miniature golf and spas. The Disney Cruise Line is fair game, too – anything discussed in any of the Unofficial Guides is probably acceptable. You’ll be responsible for developing blog ideas. We’re not looking to publish personal stories.
Preference will be given to those with writing experience. You should be at least 18, have valid Disney World theme park admission to start, as well as reliable transportation, a cell phone, a relatively recent camera (a cellphone camera may be fine), and enough time to do the writing. Familiarity with a blogging platform such as WordPress is helpful but not necessary if you’re willing to learn quickly. You should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Most blog posts pay between $10 and $25 each, depending on difficulty and length, plus expenses. So if we ask you to review a restaurant or spa, we’ll pay for that, and then pay you for what you write. Longer blog posts pay substantially more, including hourly compensation for research time.
Want to apply? Send us an email with the items listed below, following the instructions to the letter. Have questions? Send those to the same email address.
- If you have previous writing experience, attach examples to your email as a separate attachment. If it’s not obvious where or when the example was published, provide that information.
- Send in two sample blog posts written in the Unofficial Guide style. These sample posts can be about any topic you choose, but they should seem like they could run on TouringPlans.com. Don’t make up facts or figures – if you need data, get data. In the immortal words of Waka Flocka Flame: keep it real. (We won’t use these articles on the site, we just want to see how you write.)
- A list of your 3 favorite attractions and 3 restaurants in Walt Disney World, and why.
- A list of 3 Orlando-area restaurants – not in a theme park – that everyone should visit, and why.
- A few words about yourself.
- The city you live in, and your contact information.
- The amount of time you have available for blogging. Be realistic.
- Any other experience you have which may be relevant.
- Any questions you have for us.
- Send all of this in one email (with attachments) to jobsATtouringplansDOTcom. Use the subject line “Orlando-Area Writer”.
We may not be able to respond personally to every email.