Filed under: Walt Disney World (FL)
In the classic 1950 animated feature Cinderella, the Fairy Godmother appears just at the right time to wave her magic wand and transform tattered clothes into a gorgeous ball-ready look simply by uttering those famous words:
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!
Just like stepping into that storybook, young guests to Walt Disney World may enjoy the royal treatment at one of two Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (BBB) locations: either at Downtown Disney’s World of Disney, or Magic Kingdom’s Cinderella Castle. The experiences and costs vary from package to package, and between the many options and add-ons, the process can be a bit confusing, so we’ve compiled a primer of sorts to present all the information from that’s out there into one place.
What You Need To Know Before You Go:
- Reservations are strongly recommended, and may be booked at 407-WDW-STYLE up to 180-days in advance.
- Makeover guests must be aged 3-12, and accompanied by an adult 18 or order.
- Appointments last 30-60 minutes, depending on package chosen.
- A credit card is required to hold the reservation (no charge at time of booking).
- If necessary, cancellation must be made at least 24-hours in advance to avoid a $10 processing fee.
- Appointments at the Magic Kingdom location require valid park admission, so be sure the day you are booking is a day you plan to be visiting the park.
When calling to book a package, the reservation agent will confirm with you what location you are searching for (Downtown Disney or Magic Kingdom – they can check both) and then ask what package you are interested in booking.
- The Coach Package (starting at $54.95, plus tax) which includes: Hairstyling, Shimmering make-up, face gem, Princess sash and tote.
- The Crown Package (starting at $59.95, plus tax) which includes: Hairstyling, Shimmering make-up, face gem, Princess sash and tote, plus Nail polish.
- The Courtyard Package (starting at $94.95, plus tax) which includes: Hairstyling, Shimmering make-up, face gem, Princess sash and tote, plus Nail polish, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt and Trendy tutu.
- The Castle Package (starting at $189.95, plus tax) which includes: Hairstyling, Shimmering make-up, face gem, Princess sash and tote, plus Nail polish, Complete costume of your choice plus accessories, One 6″ x 8″ and four 4″ x 6″ photos in a princess-themed holder.
- Note: Knight Package ($15.95, plus tax) is also available which includes: Hairstyling with gel, Mighty sword and shield and Confetti
Once a package is chosen, the agent will confirm some notes with you, such as the request for guests to bring their own comb/brush (this is for the makeover recipient’s comfort) and that the guest be free of any scalp conditions for a minimum of 30-days (such as lice).
What To Expect Day-Of:
- The BBB is very busy – please make every effort to arrive on time, but before you go, you may want to make a stop at the restrooms – both BBB locations lack them.
- Makeover staff are referred to as “Fairy Godmothers-in-Training.”
- Guests are given time to change into their dress before the makeover begins, whether dress is purchased as part of Castle option, or purchased elsewhere/brought from home.
- Once in the salon chair, guest has three hairstyle options: Fairytale Princess, Disney Diva or Pop Princess.
- There are PhotoPass photographers present during makeovers, but guests are allowed to take their own photographs as well.
- Additional add-ons are available to purchase, including an Imaging Package ($32.95 plus tax) which includes one 6″ x 8″ and four 4″ x 6″ photos in a special photo holder, as well as a variety of merchandise, including a Sparkling Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique T-shirt or a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique parasol. The Downtown Disney location also offers additional hair accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the hours of the BBB? Opening hours vary, but both locations generally close between 7 – 7:30 PM Updated schedule is online here: Downtown Disney/ Magic Kingdom. Edited to add: Hours will be extended to accomodate dates of Mickey’s-Not-So-Scary Halloween Party this fall.
- What Princess dresses are available as part of the Castle Package? Ariel, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, Jasmine, Cinderella, Tinker Bell, Tiana, Rapunzel, and Merida – subject to availability.
- Can we bring our own dress or buy one somewhere else? You certainly can! Here’s a post by Erin that’s all about dresses.
- Can we change our mind about what package we want? Yes, definitely! In fact, all options will be confirmed and discussed upon check-in.
- Are there any other packages/options? At the time of posting, a special Sofia The First package is available for booking – please note that this package is a current offering, subject to change, and not available at the Magic Kingdom location. Additionally, starting September 9, there will be a seasonal “Minnie Witch” package offering for $134.95 which will include all Crown Package components plus a Minnie Witch Costume and matching headband.
- Do I tip my Fairy Godmother-in-Training? Tips are not required, but if you are so inclined, tips must be in cash, as they can not be added to the bill and paid via credit card or room charge.
As you can see, arranging a visit to BBB is just a tad bit more challenging that wishing on a star, but with proper planning and preparation, you can be sure that the result can be just as magical.
Have you ever visited the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? What tips would you share? Never been, but still have questions? Leave a comment, we’d love to help!