Last week we launched Hotel Room Views, showing you the view you get from every Walt Disney World hotel room. We started with pictures from every room at All-Star Sports and followed that up with Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
Earlier today we launched hotel room views for Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, our first Disney Vacation Club (DVC) property. Just like at All-Star Sport and the Poly, the first page shows you a map of the entire Saratoga Springs resort. On the left side is a set of filter options you can use to find exactly the room you want:
- Room Type Includes Disney’s description of the view, and the bed type in the room (if we know it). For Saratoga, we’re able to show you Studio, 1-Bedroom, 2-Bedroom, and 3-Bedroom Grand Villa options. And for the 2-Bedroom villas, we’re able to show you which are dedicated 2-bedroom units and which are “lock-off” combinations of a 1-Bedroom and Studio room.
- Walking Distance to Lobby Useful for cutting down on walking time.
- Walking Distance to Transportation Saratoga has 5 bus stops; use this option to find rooms closest to the buses.
- Floors If you prefer ground or upper-floor rooms, you can specify that here
- Sound Level Helps find the quiet rooms at the resort
- Accessibility Identifies ADA-accessible rooms by feature, including roll-in showers and more
- Our Picks Shows only the rooms which the Unofficial Guide has determined to be the best at the resort.
- Prices You can also filter by price by entering the date you’re checking in.
Set any of these options and click “Show Matching Rooms.” The map will highlight in red all of the buildings which have rooms matching your options.
Click on one of the buildings and you’ll see a map of all of the rooms in that building. Rooms which match your filter options will be highlighted in red:
Click on one of the villas and you’ll see the view from that room:
Once you’re looking at a room’s view, you can do a comparison of nearby views by going left or right one room, or up or down one floor.
Another really great feature on this page is shown in the green text just below the photo:
Bldg 6,Flr 1,NW-facing Room.Exmple: 3545,3543,3547,3541,3527,3525,3523,3521,3507
This is the exact wording to give Disney (or your travel agent) to request that specific room, and rooms like it if this room isn’t available. During this project we learned that Disney’s reservation system may only have 80 characters of text to make room requests, and we’ve ensured that this text fits in 80 characters or less. While there’s no guarantee that you’ll get the room, by telling Disney the room you want and its alternatives, you increase your chances.
You’re also able to leave public reviews and private notes about a room, rate a room, and mark a room as a “favorite.” When you mark two or more rooms as favorites, you’re able to do a side-by-side comparison of each room’s view by clicking the Compare Favorites link on the left side of the page.
We expect to have every Disney-owned resort in Orlando available by the end of this year. That includes DVC resorts, suites, and more. Here’s the approximate rollout schedule:
|October 11||Polynesian Done!
Saratoga Springs Resort Done!
|October 18||Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside
|October 25||Coronado Springs
Fort Wilderness (campsites and cabins)
|November 1||All-Star Music
Art of Animation
|November 8||Animal Kingdom Lodge
|November 15||Contemporary Resort
|November 22||Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
|December 6||Wilderness Lodge Villas
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs Treehouses
We had a lot of cooperation from Disney executives and resort staff to help collect these photos. For the deluxe and DVC resorts, we’ve got pictures of most of the first-floor rooms at every resort. For upper-floor rooms, we’ve got sample photos from different parts of each wing or building, showing the approximate view you’ll get at each room. And we’ve built into the site the ability for you to upload photos from these rooms, to help out other TouringPlans folks plan their trips. Whether you’re taking a honeymoon or taking the kids on their first trip to Walt Disney World, we’ll help you find the perfect hotel room.