by Len Testa on October 24, 2013
For questions about this job opening, please email Travis Bryant, Director of Digital Products at Keen Communications.
Keen Communications, publisher of the Unofficial Guides, is hiring a full-time Web Designer/Developer. Details below. They’ve got offices in Birmingham and Cincinnati, and they’re open to telecommuting. Details below.
We are searching for an outstanding web designer/developer to be responsible for creating innovative, reusable web-based tools and sites for our book publishing company. The web designer/developer will work closely with our Digital Products Team and Project Managers. The web designer/developer will regularly be called on to develop specific web solutions and make recommendations on the use of mobile technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
This position involves leading custom web development efforts throughout the entire project lifecycle. The web designer/developer will build custom web sites based on their own design input, content requirements, site layout/user interfaces, database design/programming, and PHP development.
● 3 years minimum experience with HTML/XHTML and CSS
● 2 years minimum Web programming experience, including PHP, ASP or JSP
● 1 year minimum experience working with relational database systems such as MySQL, MSSQL or Oracle and a good working knowledge of SQL
● Experience developing and implementing open source software projects
● A solid understanding of web application development processes, from the layout/user interface to relational database structures.
● Understanding the benefits of SEO and the development skills to support SEO are a plus.
● Strong organization skills to manage multiple timelines, tasks and budgets.
● Ability to grow professionally in a highly flexible and fast-moving environment.
● Work closely with Project Managers and other members of the Development Team to assist in gathering requirements and project specifications.
● Determine appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
● Develop specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
● Creation of site layout/user interface from provided design concepts by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
● Placement and layout of website pages given book and ebook provided content.
● Work with Project Managers to build and refine graphic designs for websites.
● Design and creation of relational database schemas.
● Perform routine site maintenance as needed.
We have offices in Birmingham, AL and Cincinnati, OH. This is a full-time position and we are open to remote working and telecommuting.
Your compensation for this position will consist of a competitive salary and participation in company provided benefits.
Send resumes and questions to:
Director of Digital Products