A new merchandise location is heading towards the Downtown Disney Marketplace in Walt Disney World. Called the Marketplace Co Op, this store will house several different “shops.” Each shop will sell specialized, unique offerings.
When the location originally opens, six boutique-type venues will make their debut. These spaces will include:
- Beautifully Disney – A beauty destination featuring make-up, fragrance and beauty accessories.
- Cherry Tree Lane – Accessories for the sophisticated woman featuring scarves, shoes, bags and jewelry.
- D-Tech on Demand – A place to customize your own electronic accessories.
- The Trophy Room- Vintage inspired sports apparel, as well as collectibles.
- Centerpiece – Home product for guests that want to include those little touches of Disney in their home decorating
- Zoey and Pickles – A young girls shopping location that includes the latest trends for your little fashionista.
According to the Disney Parks Blog, “This public marketplace will serve as a laboratory to showcase new concepts and specialty products,” says Tom Sheldon, manager of retail design and development for Disney Theme Park Merchandise. “It will be an incubator to introduce exciting new Disney retail shops and products.”
The Marketplace Co Op will be found in the space that is currently known as Team Mickey. Unfortunately, Team Mickey will be closing to make way for this new project. Expect the store to open sometime in the Spring of 2014. Stay tuned as more details get released for this innovative new specialty shop.