During the Holiday Season at Walt Disney World, many restaurants that are often closed or that offer up limited menus during the majority of the year will be open fully to accommodate the exceptionally busy time period. Such is the case with Tortuga Tavern, which is found in Adventureland at the Magic Kingdom.
From December 21 – January 4, this pirate themed restaurant, which normally serves Mexican fare, will be open for dinner with an Island Dinner Buffet. The tropical themed feast will serve delicious dishes including:
- Ocean harvest chowder with crackers
- Lush garden greens with lite vinaigrette, Black Pearl balsamic dressing and ranch
- Gulf grilled vegetable pasta salad
- Shipwrecked tomato, mozzarella and basil salad
- Sea salted green beans
- Caribbean spiced sweet potato wedges
- Treasures of mac and cheese
- Rosemary-garlic pork steamship
- Cannonball meatballs with marinara and Parmesan
- Banana leaf baked mahi mahi with Gold Coast mango chutney
- Barbossa’s braised beef with julienne carrots, celery and pearl onions
- Captain Jack’s chicken breast with lemon and parsley
- Assorted rolls with butter
- Rice crispy bon bons
- Mickey brownies
- Assorted éclairs
- No sugar added lemon cookies
- Assorted cup cakes
- Fresh fruit salad
The cost of the buffet is $35.99 for adults and $17.99 for children. One thing to note: an 18% gratuity will be automatically added to your bill, no matter your party size. In addition, when dining at this restaurant, you may be seated either indoors or outdoors.
Dinner will be served from 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m., and you can make Advanced Dining Reservations either online or by calling (407) WDW-DINE.
Tortuga Tavern can be found across the way from Pirates of the Caribbean and was previously known as El Pirata y El Perico.