It would seem that the tests at Pop Century and the All-Star Resorts have gone well, because by the end of the month of January, every other resort will be issuing only MagicBands to resort guests for use throughout their stay at the Walt Disney World Resort. This is being done as a part of the continued roll out of MyMagic+.
The test will be rolled out to the hotels according to this schedule:
- 1/6 – Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- 1/7 – Disney’s Port Orleans Resort
- 1/8 – Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort & Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- 1/9 – Disney’s Old Key West Resort & Disney’s Saratoga Spring Resort & Spa
- 1/10 – Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- 1/13 – Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
- 1/14 – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- 1/15 – Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- 1/16 – Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- 1/17 – Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa & Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- 1/20 – Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
The MagicBands will give guests access to all hotel and park activities, such as touch to enter, touch to pay, PhotoPass/Memory Maker, and FastPass+. Guests who do not customize and receive MagicBands prior to their vacations will be provided with gray colored MagicBands at check in.
With this test, guests will not receive a back up Key To The World card; however, if a guest would prefer, a RF-enabled Key To The World card can be issued on request. These key cards will work the same way that the MagicBand does, and they will not allow guests to utilize legacy paper FASTPASS tickets since the magnetic strip on the back will be inactive.
Guests who wish to utilize FastPass+ during their vacations may do so using the My Disney Experience app, visiting Guest Relations, or stopping at a MyMagic+ kiosk.
This test is likely to become permanent; barring any setbacks, MyMagic+ is expected to be fully deployed by the spring.