Who doesn’t enjoy taking in performances of artists from the 60s and 70s (who, let’s face it, at this point are in their 60s and 70s)? Well, during the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival, you’ll be able to enjoy some of the great bands of yesteryear during the Flower Power Concert Series that takes place at the America Gardens Theatre. (Last year, I was able to enjoy a bit of Peter Noone’s performance…who I’m not gonna lie…was actually kind of rockin’ it on stage. I could tell that he was having a blast!)
There are a couple of new acts for the festival this year, including Gary Lewis and The Playboys and the Alan Parsons Live Project.
The artists for this year include:
- March 7-9 The Guess Who “American Woman”
- March 14-16 Gary Lewis and The Playboys “This Diamond Ring”
- March 21-23 The Orchestra starring former members of ELO “Evil Woman”
- March 28-30 The Lovin’ Spoonful “Summer in the City”
- April 4-6 Paul Revere & The Raiders “Good Thing”
- April 11-13 Village People “Y.M.C.A”
- April 18-20 The Grass Roots “Midnight Confessions”
- April 25-27 Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone “I’m Henry the VII, I Am”
- May 2-4 Starship starring Mickey Thomas “We Built This City”
- May 9-11 Chubby Checker & The Wildcats “The Twist”
- May 16-18 Alan Parsons Live Project “Eye in the Sky”
The concerts take place at 5:30, 6:45 and 8:00 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Festival. Do keep in mind that the lineup is subject to change without notice. The concerts are included with your Epcot admission.
In addition, returning this year will be HGTV and DIY stars who will give designer presentations on how to improve your home and garden; fantastic topiaries, including a new one themed after Kermit and Miss Piggy; the famous butterfly garden, and the Marketplace Booths, which this year have been renamed Outdoor Kitchens.