Walt Disney World attracts a ton of international travelers each and every day. Previously, those staying at the resort hotels were unable to participate in the popular Resort Airline Check-In process. However, that appears to be changing, as now international guests will be able to participate in this program. The roll out started earlier this week.
For those who are unaware, the Resort Airline Check In Service is a complimentary service that allows Disney Resort Hotel guests utilizing Orlando International Airport (MCO) to check in for their flights, collect their boarding passes, and even check their bags at the hotel’s Airline Check-In desk. Then, once you arrive at the airport, you can bypass the airport check-in desk and head straight to the security lines.
The resorts will be rolling out this process for international travelers in stages, which are scheduled from now until the middle of March. The dates for the roll out at Walt Disney World hotels are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – currently offering
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – currently offering
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground – currently offering
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – currently offering
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort -currently offering
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – currently offering
- Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – February 3
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – February 3
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa – February 3
- Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts – February 3
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – February 10
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – February 17
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – February 17
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – February 24
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – March 3
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – March 10
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort – March 10
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – March 17
Participating airlines include:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- AirTran Airways
- Delta Air Lines
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways
As with domestic flights, international guests must check in at the Resort Airline Check-In desk on their departure date, no less than three hours prior to their flight. Guests with a flight departure time earlier than 8 a.m. must check in at the airport. In addition, to check in guests must have a valid government-issued I.D. and either their MagicBand or Key To The World card.
If you are flying with an airline that charges for baggage fees, you must pay those prior to checking in at the resort. To do so, guests may either contact the airline directly or contact the Baggage Airline Guest Services at 407-284-1231 between 5 a.m. and 11 p.m. to pay any applicable fees. Guests will be unable to make these payments at the Front Desk, Concierge, or Resort Airline Check-In desks.
Keep in mind that due to certain airport regulations, some guests may be required to check in at the airport and may not be able to use the service.