We are less than one month away from St. Patrick’s Day, and Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World is getting ready to celebrate it up big! The full celebration will take place from March 7 – 17, with the main focus obviously being on the weekend of March 15 – 17.
The main celebration will take place at Raglan Road, the Irish pub and restaurant found in the Pleasure Island section of Downtown Disney. The dining establishment invites guests to take part in the “Mighty St. Patrick’s Day Festival.” Here, guests will be able to enjoy live bands, partake in Irish dancing known as Céilí, get their face painted, and more!
Highlights of the celebrations at Raglan Road will include:
- Performances by The Willis Clan, Elevation, Goitse, Three Dollar Band, We Banjo 3, The Raglan Rebels, The Brazen Heads and Raglan Road house bands Creel and The West Coast Trio
- The Raglan Road Dancers, performing daily
- Renowned Irish dancer and choreographer Ronan McCormack of the original Riverdance cast, leading Irish Dance Workshops “From Roots to Riverdance”
- Ceili traditional music and structured set-dancing event, during which host Ronan McCormack invites guest participation
The talented band performances will take place nightly from March 7-14 starting at 5 p.m. and lasting until 1:00 a.m. On March 15-17, the party starts daily at 12 p.m. and lasts until 1 a.m. March 15-17. Stages will be located both indoors and outdoors. Showtimes for the events are:
Raglan Road has released all the details of the artists performing on their website, if you want to find out more. There are some incredible talented performers that will be on hand celebrating the holiday.
Of course, additional activities will be set up all around the area, including more than 50 musicians and dancers, face painting, stilt walkers, living statues and giveaways.
For the kids this year there will be the Muppets Mighty Family Zone on the West Side. This new offering will be where guests can snag a photo with Kermit, learn how to draw everyone’s favorite frog, take part in games and DJ dance parties, and more. Also, be sure to look down as the pathways of the Downtown Disney area will feature talented chalk artists transforming the sidewalks with Muppet characters all in tribute to the upcoming release of Muppets Most Wanted. In addition, at the AMC Downtown Disney 24 Dine-In Theatres, they will be showing The Muppets and during the screenings, it will include a 7-minute sneak peak of the upcoming film Muppets Most Wanted.
It will be St. Patrick’s Day, so you’ve got to eat something fitting right? Plenty of restaurants at Downtown Disney will be offering up special delights.
Raglan Road will be serving up traditional Irish flavors, thanks to Master Chef Kevin Dundon, with dishes available like loin of bacon and cabbage, and guests will find a hearty selection of beers on tap.
Do keep in mind that on St. Patrick’s Day, guests who wish to visit Raglan Road will be seated on a first-come, first-served basis. In addition, there will be a cover charge of $10 for each guest age 18 and older. Reservations will be able to be booked for other festival days by calling (407) 938-0300.
Also, the Food Trucks will be on hand to serve a delicious St. Paddy’s Day themed cupcake and the World Showcase of Flavors truck will be serving the delicious Fisherman’s Pie from the Ireland booth that’s found at Epcot’s International Food and and Wine Festival.
The remaining list of restaurants participating in the St. Patrick’s Day festivities are:
- Paradiso 37 – try popular treats and Irish cocktails, like the specialty beverage known as The Giant Leprechaun.
- Planet Hollywood – will feature festive options and select specialty drinks.
- Bongos – will serve seasonal food and beverage items including Havana-inspired offerings.
- T-REX – serving featured food items and specialty beverages like the Candy Apple Cotton-Tini.
- Portobello – you can enjoy a Fiddler’s Dream—mixed with Jameson honey simple syrup, Fever Tree ginger beer and a splash of lemonade.
- Fulton’s Crab House – serving a specialty drink known as Limey Leprechaun, which includes Cuervo Gold, Midori, pineapple juice, sour mix and ice.
- Wolfgang Puck Café – will be kicking off the festivities with Shamrock Martinis, mixed with Midori, green crème de menthe, ice cream and a chocolate swirl!
- Forty Thirst Street – fill up your mug with delicious Irish Coffee.
So make sure to don your green (unless you want to get pinched!) The big question however is: do you have the luck of the Irish?