Disney Springs construction is currently going on everywhere at Downtown Disney, and one area that’s been on the demolition list has been the Pollo Campero building (which is the former location a McDonald’s at Downtown Disney). This building not only houses this Latin-inspired chicken restaurant, but also Bodie’s All-American and BabyCakes NYC.
It appears that things must progress with Disney Springs, so these three restaurants will be closing. Their last day of operation is scheduled for March 19, 2014.
To many, the biggest loss will be BabyCakes NYC, which is a gluten-free, vegan, organic, and diabetic-friendly bakery that bakes fresh products daily. BabyCakes will continue to provide gluten-free products to select Walt Disney World Resort food courts and restaurants. These include:
- The Beach Club Marketplace at Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- The Boardwalk Bakery at Disney’s Boardwalk
- The Gardens Kiosk at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- The Mara at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Landscape of Flavors at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- The End Zone at Disney’s All Star Sports Resort
There is no sign of whether any of these three establishments will return when Disney Springs officially debuts.