by Rikki Niblett on March 18, 2014
Today, Disney held its annual shareholder meeting in Portland, Oregon. During it, they announced quite a few bits of news (like that we should look for a Cars 3 and Incredibles 2 to hit movie theaters in the future), but one of the most interesting aspects was that they officially announced that they will once again be holding the D23 Expo in 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center. This will be the fourth ultimate Disney fan event and will take place August 14-16, 2015.
For those who are unaware, the D23 Expo highlights each of Disney’s wonderful worlds. They will all come together to celebrate what’s new and what’s on the horizon for theme parks, television, music, games, and films, including Pixar, the Muppets, Star Wars, and Marvel.
Highlights planned for D23 Expo 2015 include:
- The 2015 Disney Legends Ceremony-honoring the talented men and women who have made significant contributions to the Disney legacy
- Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives-a collection of one-of-a-kind assets, props and costumes curated by the Walt Disney Archives
- The Collectors Forum-where Disney fans can buy, sell and trade Disney collectibles, memorabilia and merchandise.
- The Showroom Floor-filled with special opportunities to see what’s on the horizon for the company globally, with the ability to potentially meet their favorite Disney stars, characters, Imagineers, animators, and filmmakers.
- StagePass-this popular ticket distribution system will return. It will allow attendees to obtain a guaranteed seat for some of the Expo’s most popular presentations.
The D23 Expo is always an exciting experience for the Disney fanatic. Tickets will go on sale beginning August 14, 2014. For more information, visit www.D23Expo.com