by Rikki Niblett on May 30, 2014
It’s the time again! A few newsworthy pieces have come across my desk from all around The World that I thought you all should know. Here are the fun details:
- Downtown Disney is continuing down the path of refreshing the stores that are available for guests. Today, the second Starbucks location, which is located on the West Side, has officially opened. It is a full service location with indoor seating, unlike the other new Marketplace Starbucks kiosk that also recently opened. The new store features a covered patio overlooking the waterfront, a cozy fireplace, plus a Human Connection Wall, which is a large touch-screen monitor that allows guests to use their fingers to draw images. The location also features the new Clover Bar, which serves special reserve coffees that are brewed to order. This new full-scale Starbucks store is located next door to Bongos Cuban Cafe.
- Speaking of Downtown Disney, I mentioned previously that a World Cup soccer store was opening soon on the West Side. I can report that it is now officially open. The pop-up shop, located where BLINK by Wet Seal previously sat, is officially called United World Soccer and will sell gear, accessories, and more.
- At the Magic Kingdom, Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland will have a brief refurbishment, taking place September 8 – 19, reopening on September 20.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, poor Donald just keeps moving around. He was originally found on the Cretaceous Trail in Dinoland U.S.A., but recently moved to the Character Landing spot where he met alongside Daisy (in a location that was originally supposed to be FastPass+ ONLY, but that idea either got axed or put on hold). Now it seems that Donald is moving again…back to the Cretaceous Trail beginning on June 1. Daisy will continue to meet at the Character Landing, which is found across from Flame Tree Barbecue.
- Can you believe it? Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is 25 years old?! (It feels like yesterday when I learned all about it opening on one of the Easter Day Parades…but I digress.) To celebrate this monumental occasion, which takes place on June 1, Disney is throwing the park a party, and we’re all invited. Guests will be able to take part in the fun, mostly by eating. A special cupcake will be available on June 1 for free for those who purchase an adult entree at either Typhoon Tilly’s or Leaning Palms. There will be specialty anniversary cocktails available for purchase at Let’s Go Slurpin’. And at Lowtide Lou’s two specialty waffles will be sold: a chicken and waffles combo, as well as a chocolate chip waffle with fruit. The waffles will be available until August 1. In addition, for those who want to party by performing some wicked awesome dance moves, a DJ will be on hand on the clock tower. Happy Anniversary Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon!