Are you a fan of soccer? If so, and you don’t want to miss a minute of the action from the 2014 FIFIA World Cup (which takes place in Brazil from June 12 through July 13), there are a few places around the Walt Disney World Resort where you can partake in the fun.
The main stop you should make, at least while visiting Epcot, will be The Odyssey Restaurant, which is located near World Showcase Plaza, kind of between Test Track and the Mexico Pavilion. The Odyssey will be showing all the games live on multiple screens, and guests will be able to purchase beverages, snacks, and other merchandise in the lobby area.
In addition, at Epcot the Germany Pavilion will be celebrating with a special soccer experience, and guests will be able to stop in the World Showcase Plaza area and have their photo taken with a topiary version of Goofy, who is attempting to play the popular sport.
If you will not be inside Epcot, never fear! There will be many other locations where you can watch the games live. Here is the full list of resort locations where you will be able to watch the action:
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar and World Premiere Food Court
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort – Intermission Food Court and Singing Spirits Pool Bar
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort – End Zone Food Court and Grandstand Spirits Pool Bar
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Sanaa Lounge, Maji Pool Bar and Uzima Springs Pool Bar
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Martha’s Vineyard
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn – ESPN Club and Big River Grille and Brewing Works
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort – Banana Cabana Pool Bar
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort – The Wave … of American Flavors
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort – Crockett’s Tavern
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort – Gurgling Suitcase
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort – Tambu Lounge and Barefoot Pool Bar
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort – Everything POP Shopping & Dining
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter – Scat Cat’s Club
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – River Roost
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – Rainforest Cafe
Guests can also visit the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, along with select restaurants and bars found throughout the Downtown Disney area.
Speaking of Downtown Disney, if you’re looking to purchase soccer merchandise so you can cheer on your favorite World Cup team, make sure to visit the all new United World Soccer store, which specializes in gear, accessories, and more. The store is located at Downtown Disney West Side, in the former location of BLINK by Wet Seal.
As you can see, for those who would like to watch any part of this exciting month-long event, there are plenty of options available.