Normally here on Touring Plans we focus on helping you plan your next big vacation, but today I want to take a moment to talk about what happens once we get home. That’s right, I’m talking about Post Disney Blues (PDB). Most people think that because I live in Central Florida that I’m immune to PDB. However, the more you visit, the more you miss it! So today I’m reviewing my top 10 tips to beat the Disney Blues.
1) Stow Some Tasty Treats: Many of the snacks sold in the parks are pre-packaged and will keep for a while. Nothing perks up a sad day like some Sour Mickey Gummies or a bag of Chip & Dale Pretzels. Did you know that pre-packaged food items can even be ordered from Disney Merchandising? Just call 877-560-6477 if you need your fix before your next trip!
2) Visit Virtually: YouTube is an amazing thing! Before I ever visited Disneyland or Disneyland Paris I’d toured both parks through videos shared by others. Of course, you can always count on the TouringPlans YouTube channel for all the latest. I can also take requests! Let me know if there is anything you’d like to see in the comments below.
3) Curl up with a classic: Disney films are how many of us fell in love with the parks in the first place. When I’m really missing Disneyland, dusting off a classic Disney film always hits the spot!
4) Lend a Helping Hand: The only thing better than planning your own Disney vacation is helping someone else. If you have a friend or co-worker heading to the magic, volunteer to give that person pointers. One of my favorite things in the world is volunteering to go to the park with first timers! I dare you to find anything more fun!
5) Scrapbooking: This can be virtual or good old fashioned paper, but in either case you get to relive your experience and create something beautiful. In my case, I prefer to create photo books with online sites like Shutterfly. Pulling out my old photo books are like a little mini vacation!
6) Let’s Get Cookin': (Bonus points for catching my old school Disney reference there) Recently I’ve gotten brave enough to try out Disney recipes I’ve found online and I’m surprised how much they taste like “home”. If you’re missing your favorite dining spot take a look online, you might be able to recreate it at home.
7) Listen In: There are an amazing number of Disney podcasts and radio stations out there. If you take time to sample a few you’re sure to find one you love. This can be a great way to keep Disney with you while working out or at your desk.
8) Steal the Soap: Yes, I really mean steal the soap from your room. It wasn’t until 8 months after our last trip to the Disneyland Hotel that I cracked open my last tiny bottle of shampoo. (I may or may not still be hiding a bottle of lotion from my hubby.) Of course, if you really go into withdrawal you can order it too. But there is something delicious about those tiny bottles that really came from Disney!
9) Hidden Treasure: Years ago I started this tradition by accident. When visiting a restaurant while celebrating I swept the confetti on the table into my purse. When I got home I didn’t have the heart to dump it out of my bag so I just left it there. Months later I opened the purse and found a little Disney magic I’d forgotten. Now I purposely hide little things when I get home just for the joy of finding them again!
10) Let’s Do It Again: Of course, #10 has to be planning your next Disney vacation! Even if it doesn’t pan out, it’s still fun to always be on the hunt. And you never know what you might find!
How do you keep the Disney Magic alive at home? Do you have any hot tips for beating the Disney blues? Please let us know in the comments below. As always thanks for reading and commenting!