Can you believe we are just one week out from Labor Day Weekend? Do you have your plans yet? If you’ll be in the Walt Disney World area from Friday, August 29 through Monday, September 1, consider heading to Downtown Disney for Raglan Road’s 3rd Annual Great Irish Hooley!
Wait…what’s a hooley? It’s basically an Irish celebration, and celebrate you will! The event will include activities like live music, step dancing, unique food offerings, and more.
The main draw of the event is that guests will be able to experience five different musical acts throughout the weekend. They include:
- Scythian- Scythian plays gypsy-infused American Celtic.
- Drops of Green- An exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
- The Raglan Rebels- Ireland’s best up-and-coming young band with traditional and modern songs and ballads.
- The Brayzen Heads- A popular duo on guitar and banjo who put their own spin on things.
- The West Coast Trio- From Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
There will be two stages you’ll be able to catch acts on; The Main Stage found inside Raglan Road and the Patio Stage, located on the patio.
For those who maybe like to dance, you’ll have opportunities to learn from the best of the best. Free workshops will be lead by Irish dancer Ronan McCormack, from Riverdance fame. In addition, you can learn ceili, which is quite similar to line dancing. Also on hand will be the Raglan Road Dancers.
For those who are looking for dining options, consider partaking in the special brunch Raglan Road will be offering. Brunch will occur on both August 30 and 31 and will feature a full Irish breakfast, as well as brunch cocktails. On Saturday, August 30, the brunch offering will be a special one. Called “A Knights Brunch,” the meal will feature the opportunity to watch the UCF V PennState – Live from Dublin Ireland. Brunch will take place from 8: 30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Brunch on Sunday, August 31 will take place from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
There will also be Celtic face painting opportunities from Saturday through Monday, from noon until 10:00 p.m.
The party will kick-off on Friday at 4:00 p.m. The rest of the weekend, events will begin at 12:00 noon.
If you will be there for the event, make sure to check out the schedule of events.