Each Earth Day, Disney’s Animal Kingdom brings out the fun. The annual celebration is presented by Disneynature. The celebrations will take place for three days, April 21-23 and Guests are encouraged to connect with nature by participating in engaging activities found throughout the park. Those include:
- A Leopard’s Journey activity at Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Animals, Science and Environment-created Born in China activity pack distribution at Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Born in China Disney PhotoPass Magic Shot at select photo locations
- In the Oasis, select one of 10 different animal cut-outs to enhance your experience while raising awareness of the animals Disney Conservation Fund is helping protect through the Reverse the Decline, Increase the Time initiative.
- Shop special vendors in Discovery Island and Africa who are in the park for Earth Day celebrations.
- Guests can interact with some of the park’s conservation specialists to see how Disney cares for its animals and works to save endangered species.
- You can’t have an event at Disney without treats and of course, Earth Day is no exceptions. Be on the lookout for some great sweets like the Party for the Planet chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing at Creature Comforts and Isle of Java in Discovery Island or the panda-themed cookies and candy apples at Zuri’s Sweets Shop in Africa.
Other Earth Day activities at Epcot include the ability to meet Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment Cast and conservation specialists April 21-23 and April 28-30. They will discuss Disney’s conservation efforts to support butterflies, migratory birds, sea turtles and monkeys, as well as demonstrate some extraordinary ways they are accomplishing this work.
At Disney’s resorts, they will also be doing fun activities to celebrate.
At Disney’s Contemporary Resort at the feature pool from 1:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., there will be fun games and other activities to participate in. In addition, in the courtyard behind the Contemporary Tower at 7:30 p.m., there will be an Earth Day event.
Over at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, at the Lava Pool Deck, there will be an Earth Day Scavenger Hunt all day. Then, beginning at 1:00 p.m., take part in Earth Day bingo; at 2:00 p.m.; there will be a Lava Pool Party and poolside games; at 3:00 p.m., take part in “Save Our Earth” Tye-Dye; at 4:00 p.m. there will be “Donut forget to Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle; finally at 8:00 p.m. the Movie Under the Stars will be the Disneynature film, Bears.
Other Disney resorts may be doing special activities as well, so make sure to check with the front desk to find out more.
If you won’t be at Walt Disney World and you want to celebrate Earth Day, make sure you go see the new Disneynature film, Born in China which is in theaters on April 21.